Blender and substance Painter GLitch

I’m having an issue between Blender and Substance Painter and frankly, I don’t know which software is causing the issue at this point. It’s infuriating beyond all reason and it’s delaying this project artificially for no reason.

Simply put, the baking doesn’t happen. The mesh just appears grey, it doesn’t even bake the normal information correctly, it inverts it!!

I checked the normals, they are correct. I checked the UVs, they are correct. I checked to see if they have autosmooth turned on, they don’t.

Yet, I’m unable to finish the project because either Blender or Substance Painter has declared it so. I’m out of ideas and patience so I’m just dumping the files to see if someone can fix this obnoxious issue.

This is how it looks in substance Painter after bakes:

It looks terrible.

And here is the blend file with high poly mesh and low poly mesh:
Warning: File is big and has a very high poly mesh.

File is too large to test…it would be better if you just included the Gauntlet meshes and get the file size down to something manageable…

If the Normal maps are inverted you probably picked the wrong type of normal data in Substance instead of using Open-GL, you probably picked Direct-X which inverts the Green channel of the Normal…

If you slighty do describe this a little more… just showing the non-result doesn’t help at all :person_shrugging:

All modifiers applied, triangulized (AFAIK SP doesn’t like quads) ??

(Also: have to login to download…)

You may publish only a finger directly on BA :wink: ??

Of course i meant this as reply to the OP. :wink:

1 Like