Blender appears in Galacticast episode

These guys do sci-fi comedy. Watch at your own risk. But their 3-D “capture” software background is none other than Blender 2.44.

http://www.galacticast.com

watch the 2 Guys, 1 Capture episode

Sure it’s all a joke but I spotted it right away!

I wonder if these guys actually use Blender for some of their work.

that’s some great stuff right there ^^

how did they get the video of the naked guy to play as the background image with the alpha channel? Does a PNG sequence not show a background frame? Interesting. Because it doesn’t look like a composite, and it’s full screen so its not a screen capture of Blender as a layer in something like GIMP. I’m thinking they filmed the naked guy in front of the greenscreen, keyed it to alpha and saved it as an image sequence, and then set that image sequence as the background image…and when you Play a blank scene with that as the background, it would play what we saw on the monitor…???

Of course, they could have used a VSE window set to dipslay channel 0, ctrl up arrow to be full screen, and just composited the blender backdrop over a PNG sequence…

Hmmmmmmmm…maybe, they could have had a static camera, and shot two movies, one of just the environment, and one with him and the environment. Then, in the sequencer, opened the two clips, and subtracted the environment one from the person and environment one…I don’t know, just a thought…

I think they just greenscreened him over a static blender image background…
[ATTACH]30746[/ATTACH]
and then just motion tracked the lcd screen with a plane with a movie image texture…
[ATTACH]30745[/ATTACH]
short clip done with blender…

when he turns the lcd toward the end, the image on the screen doesn’t match the motion of the monitor real well :rolleyes: