Blender Barrage-Alpha Release page 5

re-PM sorry bout that.

Braveheart-Thanks , I have it now. Very interesting game. I changed the controls around a little though but its good. Should I use your avatar as your icon and credit you as “braveheart”?

Everyone else- Braveheart is the only one who has submitted a game as of yet. Does anyone else at least have an update on their progress for me? Remember, anyone can create a game following my simple guidelines (in my above posts) and send it to me. Full credit will be given and it will help this comunity project idea become a reality.

Yea ok!
heres my av link

http://www.heritage-flag.com/images/world/standrewscross.gif[](http://www.heritage-flag.com/images/world/standrewscross.gif)

Another update: I’m about finished with my first contribution now. I just need to add some spiffy textures and I’ll send it your way.

I have finished the main framework for this game and all I need now are some minigame contributions from the community. I only have three minigames so far and I would like about 20+. Be sure to follow the guidelines in my first post when designing your contribution.

sorry not quite in the topic but here are some other interesting game projects that u might want to have a look at for some sort of quick community game making factory :smiley:

http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/experimentalgameplay/

I PM’ed MagicMan my entry.

so…when is the deadline? is the minigame supposed to use just the mouse or the keyboard?

MagicMan said only arrows and spacebar.

I don’t think you need to worry about a deadline until the submissions count gets higher. I imagine that 20 is the minimum that MagicMan is looking for, so it looks like you’ve got some time.

MagicMan: Glad you liked my first game. I should be able to start on a second contribution soon. I’ll keep you posted.

blendenzo and Arr Matey!!- Thanks for answering the questions for me. Your answers are of course correct.

Thanks, Arr Matey!! for your contribution. Nice, simple, and fun.

Deadline is ASAP. I don’t want to be waiting forever for these mini games but I want as many as I can get. I might release a first edition when I get 20 minigames and if there is still an interest in making further contributions, I could easily release an add-on pack or something.

Maybe you could release a couple of versions, each including 20 minigames.

Maybe you could also design some bosses that other people could create (like, design the concept).

Idea: as the mini game is being loaded, there should be a picture of either a keyboard or a picture of a mouse. Whichever the picture shows that’s what the next game will use. I think this will further add to the crazyness, and open up alot more possibilities fore the mini games.

Arr Matey-I’ll release as many versions as I get enough contributions for. I plan on making this original release as plugable as possible so I could include all future versions on one menu and have a mode which goes through all versions. As for bosses I guess that could work. Probably only one boss for each 20 minigames though. Maybe someone could make an evil Blendo boss (see link to Four Second Frenzy in first post for boss style); I don’t think Lyubomir would mind if we used his design and he would get credit for it.

Clone dadd- I’d like to stick to just arrow keys and spacebar control for right now. See if you can emulate mouse control with the arrow keys. Besides, the minigames load so fast the player would have very little time to switch controls. Actually, if you really wanted to make a mouse game, I might just make a mouse controlled edition if people sent me enough mouse controlled submitions.

Bump…I can’t complete this project without support from the community (well technically I could but then it wouldnt be a community project). These minigames would probably take less than an hour to make and only require simple logic. Anyone from newbies to gurus can contribute.
I realize there may not be much interest until I actually release something but with only 5 minigames, the game is extremely short and not fun enough yet. I really want at least 20 before I release something.

I hadn’t seen this topic before Magic Man, I’ll figure out some to give you.

I suppose I will mix up a brew of mini-games for the project.

Heh, almost forgot about this.

I PMd you my submission.

I pmed you my entry magicman.

Social and Clone dadd, thanks for your entries. Blender rox and Dim, I eagerly await yours.
And since Social has already broken the no mouse rule anyway, I will allow games to be made with the mouse if absolutely neccessary. Just don’t let the game start until there is mouse movement (use an init property or something). It slows down the gameplay so I want as few mouse controlled games as possible, but now I will allow them.