Blender Barrage-Alpha Release page 5

I’m working on a second entry :slight_smile:

Ok i pmed you m second entry. Made it in about an hour. Tell me of any bugs.

God, no mouse. Mouselook doesn’t work on macs, so it limits the game to windows users.

There, fixed it for ya.

• I’m not sure, but I think the only problem thing with the BGE on mac is the use of Rasterizer functions. If this is true, my mouse implementation should work on mac with no problems, because I never import the Rasterizer. Everything is done through mouse sensor native functions “getXPosition()”, “getYPosition()”
  • You can’t really expect users to limit their development options for the Mac minority.As I said in one other thread:

Blender development priorities are:

Windows
|
V
Linux
|
V
Mac
^^^^^<–Sharp rocks

To get the the problem solved, you should try to find out who’s in charge of the mac blender port, and talk to them about it.

blender_rox, could you please check if these native functions of the mouse sensor work fine on a mac? If not, I’ll emulate the mouse with the keyboard for the mac version.
I really should add on to what I said about using a mouse then, mouse control may be used if absolutely necessary but no rasterizer should be used if that is the macs’ problem.
Could someone on a mac tell me if something simple like Rasterizer.showMouse(1) works. I hope that works because its used on the menu.

Clone dadd, I like the style of your games. You are the first one to actually have submitted two to me so far so thanks. If you want to make one more than go ahead but I think that’s where I’ll cap submissions from one person or at least for the first edition. If another edition comes around you are welcome to make even more.

I made one last entry :smiley: (PM’ed you)
I like contributing to community projects.

Sorry I annoyed you all, I simply assumed that a community project should support the entire… well… community.

A simple show mouse script works on a Mac, but a FPS mouselook script will not work well at all.

Well it should, and it will, I had completely forgotten about the mouse problems on mac. Sorry about that. Only basic mouse controls will be allowed so it should work fine. Am I correct in saying that?

MagicMan: did you get my PM? I sent two, but only one of them contained the correct file. If you didn’t receive a PM that said something along the lines of “this is the updated version”. If you received That PM, then all is good.

Yeah I got it. Very nice game and quite fun. Thanks.

I need a tut to make a game… I have a good idea but have no clue on how to make a game

Tell me what kind of game you want to make, and ill make you a tutorial

YAY
I wanted to make a game involving a slope with jumps/gaps/walls etc. and you can only tilt it left or right to make the ball get to the end. It would be very short, but the ball would go fast, thus making it hard to master, (eliminating me having to go into the confusing random thingy

I don’t understand…Explain a bit more?

Ok. you have a slope.

The ball starts on the top and rolls down

You have to get the ball into a hole, BUT there are walls, holes and jumps the ball needs to get past to get to the hole.

You can only tilt the “slope” left or right, thus making the ball change directions.

It would be fast paced to add dificulty.

K?

what kinds of games have already been submitted?
cause i might do one but i dont wanna do one thats already been done

Hey, is this thread still alive? I still wish to know how to make a game yet no one is answering questions. Scabootssca still has an unanswered question… Did this die?

Yea,

MagicMan, whats going on? Do you need more games? How many do you have so far?

If this thing is “dead” as spiffy suggested, then just release all the stuff that you have so far, and call it quits. There is no reason to stretch things out if nothing else is to be done.

Wow, sorry about that, I’ve been distracted with other things. No the project is not dead. I still need more games. Here is a list of the currently submitted games:

• Optical Illusion Maze
  • Shoot the Moon
  • Juggle
  • Hit a Home Run
  • Eat the Burger
  • Space Shooter
  • Protect the Water
  • Tilt Maze
  • Abduct the CowsThose are the names I (or the creator of the game) have given the games, they are semi descriptive however if you need a more detailed description about a certain one just ask.
    Sorry once again for not answering your question, please submit if you can. Rest assured, if I do abondon this project(which is highly unlikely) I will release what I have so far. Otherwise, I will release when I get 20 games and I feel that the mainframe of the game works well.

SpiffyAndy- Could you draw a picture or something as a concept for what you want to do or compare it to some comercial game that I might know about so I could help you out. I think I have a slight idea of what you are saying but give me a picture or something so I can be sure.

BUMP…This probably wouldnt get read if its on page 2. Is anyone still interested in making any games for this project? I would like to have 11 more before I release it.