Blender Barrage-Alpha Release page 5

Ok, I made a quick sketch of it. I have tried to learn on my own, but there are some problems though… For instance, when I try to look at my map, it looks bright and almost white out. When I looked at it in my “texture” view in blender though, it shows a nice smooth lighting. Also, I made a training map, and I subserfed it, yet in play mode, it undoes my subserf… :frowning:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9112/tiltballsketchamu7.th.jpg

Please pm me if there is anything you can do to help with my game!

Thanks,
Spiffy

Also, I made a training map, and I subserfed it, yet in play mode, it undoes my subserf… :frowning:

You have to apply the subsurf in the modifier buttons first.

@MagicMan
Do the games have to be in full 3d or can it be mixed(2d + 3d)?

Just use blender game engine, thats all I ask (besides the other guidelines in my first post). A 3d and 2d mix is fine.
spiffyandy, I’ll see if I can answer your questions tomorrow as I don’t have time at the moment. DanielKuan is right about the subsurf though,it doesnt work in the game engine unless its applied (which actually changes the mesh geometry).

BUMP!
Anyway, i think i didn’t ask my question right, but doesn’t matter now. I thought i had an idea back then but i didnt think it out enough so i didnt do it and now i have no ideas. sorry, guess i cant even make a tiny 5 second game, let alone a reasonably OK game:(. Oh well, i’ll try to think something up. don’t expect it soon though. hope this will turn out great anyway

srry, double post

@SpiffAndy

you shouldnt really use subsurf in your games, it creats a alot more polys. So its best if you dont get used to useing it & more used to modeling low poly nice looking models.

So magicman, hows this all comming?

any new submissions?

Unfortunately at the moment this project is just sitting on my hard drive waiting for more submissions. The count in my signature is correct…still only 9 games. I’m going to try to make one more myself for a total of three self contributions but I need more from the community. I’ve PM’ed a few people who have shown interest in this project to see if they can still help out.
Anyone who has submitted one game may submit up to two more as I am capping each contributer at three to keep the variety in style there.
Also anyone who can contribute a fast paced soundtrack for this project would be very helpful.

ok so… do you mind if i kinda get ideas from the original game? like not a compete copy just the general idea. cause i cant think of any at all.

too bad it’s capped at 3 submissions or I would have made more.

Hey Hey Hey

here’s some fast paced music.

it’s not but 30 seconds long, but it’s infinately, seemlessly loop-able.

if you need a real long version, i can pump that out in a few minutes. If you don’t like the music at all, please feel free to tell me what you really want. If you need it at a lower bit-rate, that will only take a few minutes, too. It only took 30 minutes to do this, so if you need more, or just another song, please tell me.

Original Composition © 2006

sorry, double post

Here’s another song.

This one is more game-like. And it’s loop-able as well.

Enjoy!

PS- Seriously, if you want anything, I can do it. Even sounds for all the mini games, if you want. But any type of music, I can pull it off.

Original Composition © 2006

scabootssca- you just happened to clone one of my favorite minigames from the original game; I was actually thinking about making that game myself but you beat me too it.

Guitar87- Nice music, thanks. It really brings up the atmosphere in the game. I will use the first song in game and the second on the menu.

I need to know how both of you would like to be credited: by your member name, your real name or some combination of both.

MagicMan, Thanks so much. I am glad I could help. Be sure to IM me if you ever need any more music of any kind.

It really doesn’t matter how you credit me. You can do either, to keep consistent with everyone else’s credit, you can choose for me.

Guitar87 or Daniel Thomason, it doesn’t matter.

Again, thanks.

umm just make it “scabootssca” my forum name

mabye i should make another game?

and does that one work right for you?
i didnt test it much was in a hurry

Ok. Another game would be great. This one works just fine, I made a few tweaks but its nothing that the player would see, mostly just helping it fit into my framework.

I can’t wait until this is finished!

Ok hi everyone, I have a question. I have completed the flooring of the game, however, I need to redo it w/o subsurf… Should not take that long… Anyways, I need help on sensors… I placed a box in the hole, thinking that would be the “Sensor” for the ball to hit. I had it set up so when the ball hit the box, it would display YOU WIN or something,… However it does not do this… Do you know of a good all purpose game tutorial? I have already done the one from the BSoD… And I need more!
Note, I cannot take videos… as I am in school and they have this stupid blocker set up to restrict us from getting “bad” videos I am presuming… Still sucks though, as I really wanted videos.

Help would be greatly appreciated…

Oh, and this layout hurts my eyes. and is buggy and thus I only check about twice a day. Have a great day

-Spiffy

Hmmm…I already sumbitted a ball tilt minigame…but mine was alot simpler than yours.

Well thanks a whole bunch. I come up with an idea, ask for a tutorial from YOU, I receive none, and so continue to try to make a game with NO tutorials, and ask for some help and Presto! you already sent in a game that was like mine, although better. Thanks!

That makes me feel… all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yeah, thanks…
Thanks for nothing