Blender battletech / mechwarrior -2nd version

I join into the praise :slight_smile:
It runs really smooth, the gameplay already looks good and challenging and the feature rich HUD really sells the experience of controlling a high-tech-mechwarrior. Have you tried to add some of the HUD elements to the instrument panel (e.g.:the hull condition and the radar). Right now the screen ist almost cluttered with informations.
Regarding the sound: some peeping sounds for the tracking of enemys and some warnings, when critical hullconditions are reached, would add to the experience, but I believe thats all part of the soundscape your working on, so just keep the updates coming.

ParanoidAndroid

Edit:turned up the volume and now I can hear the “lock on”- and “locking on”-sound…sorry

Changing or adjusting the footsteps would be a big improvement :wink:

I’ve reduced the sound of the footsteps. They are just audiable now- helps you to know when you are moving, but doesn’t overpower the other sounds.
I’ve been working on weather effects.

New version:
Blender battletech 0.85

Now with vehicles and a controlable environment system… Just a few more things to add then I will make the missions.

Wow. This has come a long way since I last saw it. I really felt like I was watching Mech Warrior, or what’s that other one? I can’t remember.
Anyway…looks amazing.

Very good job! Minor crit.Change the footsteps sound to a more deeper one. Now,even as it’s supposed to sound muffled it’s like from a much lighter machine. If you can find some heavy industrial machinery “thuds”.Also maybe ease a tad bit more the wobbling of the cockpit view.All that is personal oppinion of course :slight_smile:

This project is revealing itself to be a very great asset to this forum; I look forward to viewing future updates from this fantastic Blender Game Engine Project.

Please give me a pm or email when you finish it. I would love to play and or test it.

amazing work, the graphics look bad for now but the gameplay looks awesome very professional, This I a game that I would want to play. I think that you really need to increase the graphics tough.
Amazing work so far congratulations!

I previously made a game with GLSL graphics but found that most people who I asked couldn’t play it, because their computer didn’t have the right hardware.
I want this game to be playable by anyone, so I’m stuck with texture face materials for now. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the game is about gameplay, and later, storyline. Graphics are just eye-candy. I hope to improve the sound slightly later on, for now many of the sounds are placeholders.

p.s. thanks for all the kind comments. ^^

About .45 sec. Are you using Planes, or Volumes for the explosion from the Heli.

The explosion adds a number of ridgid body objects. These objects are set up to emit a plane with an explosion that is “no collision”.
As the ridgid body drops to the ground it leaves a trail of smoke particles which change color over time (yellow—> grey —> black) and the transparency increases from 0% to 100 % over about 60 frames.

Great progress, the game play is getting more and more interesting! I like how your systems work (HUD) and how much more flexible your mechas have become! Keep it up! I’ll keep my eye on your channel!

Thanks, I used an object in the HUD overlay with a snipet of code to find the player object in the main scene.

scn = activeScenes[0]
HUD = activeScenes[1]
player_list = [ob for ob in scn.objects if ob.get("player",-1) == 1]
if player_list != []: 
   own['player'] = player_list[0]

Then from there I can call the properties of the player using:

speed = own['player']['speed']
weapon_1 = own['player'['weapons_list'][0] 

It’s a very quick and flexible method of running your HUD and eliminates the need for messages completely in a single player game.

I’ve added some more mechs, as well as more vehicles.

Next up is the buildings and roads. That’s the last step before making missions.
I also need to make a simple menu UI, that may take a little while too. :slight_smile:

Really cool! nice work.

WOW!!! The Raven looks awesome!!
That’s my most favorite mech in BattleTech.
Would it be possible to add the Raven X? (It’s ok if it’s not added, but would be very fun to drive)
It’s not the fastest of all the Raven variants, but it packs a good punch.
Can’t wait to play this!
BTW, the game is starting to look more like Mechwarrior 4.

:open_mouth: Awesomely-awesome! I like the animations!! It ALL looks great!! :smiley:

Actually the one in the video is the Raven X ^^
I’ve structured the game so that it’s easy to add new variants using dictionaires. That way, later I can use a mech lab to create new variants in game, as was done in the mechwarrior games. Other variants include the Cicada with PPC, Locust with 2 LRM5s, Urban Mech with AC20, and later on, the Centurion with AC20.

Hopefully I’ll be releasing a few early missions soon for playtesting.

What’s the storyline for the game? Does it take place in a specific time in BattleTech?

Are you using Texture Face or MultiTexture?