Blender battletech / mechwarrior -2nd version

Nice to see you again Smoking_mirror- Congratulations with your baby son, I can relate as I have two baby girls to keep happy…Blender keeps me sane!

I’ve decided to upload the most recent version of the game. I’ve done a lot of work on it lately, and it’d be a shame not to release what I’ve done.
Bugs from 0.50 have been fixed, the graphics have been improved and I’ve added a few little things.
I’m going to be working on another project for a while, so there won’t be any more updates for a while.

The project has become huge over the 2 years I’ve worked on it and some things are very hard to change because I didn’t know much about coding when I first started.
I want to add the mission builder, mech lab and othe stuff, but I’m finding it hard to get all the bits to fit together without falling apart. :slight_smile:

Later when I’ve got some time, I’ll patch it all together and release the final working version.
But for now, here is Blender battletech 0.60:

Any chance of getting a tutorial on setting up your radar and other HUD displays. Every game need them and I can’t find a decent tutorial on them. No a minimap but real radar that can track direction and distance to enemy targets. It would really help a lot of people!

Hi, I’m working on this project again, but it’s something that has been underway for years.

The radar I made for this game was not that great and I wouldn’t recommend using the same setup. If I was going to make a radar again however, I’d use add object and then parent the added object to my radar circle and give it a link to the object in the main scene (find the obejct in the main scene using for object in scene, and save the reference as a string property). Then as it moves in relation to the player you could have it rotate around a center, and move in or out from the center to show distance.

This would all require quite a bit of python, some knowledge of math and is not something that would come over that well in a tutorial.

Anyway, look out for some more progress on this project in future and maybe even a finished project. :slight_smile: