blender buggy?

I love this software but it seems to me that it is not that stable anymore. My work starts freezing up, when it shouldn’t and sometimes the left and right mouse buttons switch their roles. I would report these as bugs, but they go away when I bring the file back again. It seems to be random stuff. It seems to me that the urge to make more features, including the cycles engine, is creating problems on basic levels.
I know this could be a personal computing problem. My computer is ancient, like more than ten years old. So maybe I am over reacting. But has anyone else experienced random problems?

Blender is traditionally buggy. That`s part of development. Every new feature brings in new bugs. And every new Blender version comes with new features. But i never experienced trouble in the by you described way, sorry.

My guess is that your installation is a bit wonky. Have you tried to clean up, means to remove the startup.blend files, and to reinstall Blender? Also, some third party plugins can make fun here.

Thanks Tiles,
my installation is good…but I don’t understand enough about the 3 party plugs…there are so many and I am not sure which ones are good and which ones ain’t. And then there is the website that has all the different builds…So much to choose from and so little time.

but I don’t understand enough about the 3 party plugs…there are so many and I am not sure which ones are good and which ones ain’t.

Turn them off, one by one. And have a look if things becomes better.

And if that doesn’t shed any light on what’s going on, try turning them off in pairs. If memory serves, sometimes the addons don’t play well together.

Does any one know which add ons are buggy and does anyone know which builds are the most stable?

I’ve had issues in the past when carrying config settings between versions. I just reset to factory defaults, then configured it back to how I usually have it and it worked fine. Just needs a little house cleaning sometimes I guess.

Does any one know which add ons are buggy and does anyone know which builds are the most stable?

This is something nobody can really answer, sorry. Too many plugins, too many possible combinations. The most stable blender version is always the last official release. As long as you use it without any external plugins and with default factory settings.