Blender Conference 2007 NYC STREAMS UPLOADED

Weird, Vuze must be downloading the content of your torrent file to become a dedicated seeder. Torrents don’t usually work like that, as the content is seeded from your local system. If you could, please upload the .torrent file from Azureus and post it here. Then we won’t have to wait on Vuze to become a seeder before anyone else can download.

Downloading now. I’ll dedicate a seed to help others in getting the files. Thanks for the upload dude.

i gues ur getting it right from my hardrive, couze it says that ive uploaded like 15 gigs during this time…

ok, downloading right now, and will stay as a uploader too, ofc. :slight_smile:

Vitaliy,

Thats how torrents work. Once you get more people who’ve downloaded all the data and continue to share it (these are called seeders), the less bandwidth you’ll spend, because it’ll pull parts of the torrent from every computer thats sharing it for anyone that still needs the data. It’s the most resource savy way to spread and share large amounts of data like that. Unfortunately, torrents have gained a bad reputation among pirating software, which has steered interest away from it’s true power. Now that you got some seeders, you can even shutdown your system and everyone will still be able to get the files as long as everyone else is sharing.

Thanks for the vids and hopefully we can get some higher quality ones next year. I’m going to make it a point to attend since it’s been a couple years since I been able to go. I recorded the 2005 Montreal conference, and we got some nice videos, but there was a lot of data to process and we didn’t have the resources at the time to compress them all down.

ok lol, ill stay on to share for now anywyas, its not really hoging my resource at all so for now i can share