Blender conference hangout

Heya,

My usual partner in crime can’t make it to the Blender conference this year, so I’m going on my own. I was wondering if there’s anyone in the same situation. If so lets connect and lets meet for some beers in the evenings or just connect on the conference. Let me know, would love to hang out with likeminded people. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry I just saw your post now right after the end but damn, not a single soul to respond since september though?
To my experience BA is not where most people talk about BCON. I think by far most of it happens on social media but it’s quite scattered and hard to follow.
Anyway I hope you made some meaningful connections and exchanges and had fun.
Have a nice trip back!

2 Likes

Hi, thanks! Yeah, I made posts on other forums and reddit. 1 person replied only :smiley: But luckily as always everybody was so open at the conference. Some highlights, I got to talk to Ton Roosendaal for 30 min an hour or so and also to Gleb Alexandrov. I’ve met some other pretty cool people and got into a spontaneous night out on one of the evenings. It was great! :slight_smile:

Holy s*** 30min to 1hour with Ton? You lucky bastard. Could you tell me something you talked about with him if it’s not top secret?

1 Like

Of course :smiley: I was pretty drunk at that point so it’s a bit hazy but basically I praised what he has done with Blender in this ruthless capitalistic world and in good old Ton fashion he just shrugged it off and said he doesn’t see anything special and that he couldn’t have done it in any other way. For him it genuinely seemed that giving away stuff for free and enabling people to do art and make a living is the most normal thing in the world. He also kept asking me about the conference, how could they improve it and if I was having a good time. Than we talk about the presentations and which one we liked the most. It really felt like talking to just another Blender user, he was super humble and cool.

1 Like