Blender conference videos

Hey I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this or not… if not feel free to move the thread…

anyway… whenever I try to get the videos from the www.blender3d.org site it starts the bittorrent download thing but it gets stuck at the connecting to peers thing… idk y… does anyone kno where the videos are hosted normal? or how to fix my problem?

If you’re behind a router, I think you have to forward port 6881-6889 to the local ip of your machine.

EDIT: I’m trying to download one of the movies now and I’m not getting any peers either. Could be something wrong with the tracker, or perhaps nobody is seeding them anymore.

when i was behind a router bit torrent worked fine for me. Otherwise, how long do you let it attempt to connect? I download a lot of stuff using BitTornado (just another version of bit torrent, and it works the same way) and it usually only takes about 30 seconds for the first couple of users. After 2 minutes or so I might have as much as 20 or 25 people.

One more possibility is that nobody has their bittorrent download still open for you to download from. That’s probably not the case, though. Keep us updated. :slight_smile:

I think it might just be a lack of people with bittorrent open… cuz i just had a dl that was going fine and just dropped to absolutely nothing… mayb I’ll try the program ur using n see if it works better…

ok… I’m going on 20 hours in my downloads… does anyone kno if they are mirrored somewhere or something… I really want to watch the maritime research, robotics thing, and the char animation ones, but can’t get past 60ish percent before it dies… :frowning:

I got 100% of the character animation.avi and
97.1% of the character animation.mpg which has been stuck for 4 days

If anyone wants me to upload to an ftp or similar i can but i warn you that the quality of the recording is not great (nor the sound).

That said, it is still great to see it and it makes me want to go next year!

KiT

I would very much like the avi…

Well someone must have some ftp space that we can use for these conference videos???

I’m happy to fill it…

[1] Conference Videos

[2] Example Blends

[3] Textures & Models

…would be nice indeed

KiT

I am getting webhosting in a week or two. It will have 1 or 2 gigs of space. :slight_smile: I’d be happy to host some of them then. I’ll let you know when I get it. I would have gotten it today, but I lost all the money on the gorund somwehre at school! grrrr stupid me.