Blender crashed on 2k

Okay, I’ve mentioned before that Blender tends to fuck up Win2k badly after a while using… at least with my machine… usually it doesn’t crash the whole machine, and I don’t get any errormessages (I might, if I’d start the thing on command promt).
Today, I had first used B for about 1.5 hours or so, and it crashed, taking the whole thing with it and booting the machine. After that, I restarted B and lo and behold, it crashed the secont time after 1-5 hours of blendering. This time, however, I got The Blue Screen with following message:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFFF, 0x00000000, 0xBEC90682, 0x00000000)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

*** Address BEC90682 base at BEC6A000, DateStamp 3a359643 - anvioctl.sys

<snipped stuff about getting this message and checking hardware and software>

Can anyone tell what that’s about?

Are you by any chance running an nVidia graphics chip on a card manufactured by Asus? If you are, it looks like your error occurred in one of the video driver files (anvioctl.sys). If a driver upgrade/downgrade doesn’t work, I am not sure what the problem might be. I had similar problems with a GeForce2 in a Windows 2k box; a driver change fixed the problem quite nicely.

Some of my friends have gotten very mad at their Asus mainboards not performing up to par, but I haven’t heard too much weird stuff about their graphics cards.

Good luck,
Matt

Hmm, yes I do have asus made nVidia… I have to try to uprgrade the drivers.
Thanks mate :slight_smile:

“Upgrade” may not necessarily be what you want. Find all versions of the drivers that you can and start with the most recent. Hopefully you’ll hit one that works. Yucky and not fun at all.