Blender crashes on startup.

Allright, i’ve used blender on the comp for about 2 years and it’s recently doing this. Before, i was able to fix it by updating my video drivers which worked, but i had to do it like 4 times, now it doesn’t fix the problem anymore. here’s the crash log:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: blender.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a9c5ce5
[Fault Module Name: StackHash_d34b
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d34b
Additional Information 2: 20752c25712bf3f7bc825928e900516d[/SIZE]
Additional Information 3: ffd1
Additional Information 4: e4ec9fa8e5c84639af323670e9725754

D: After a 2 hour hardcore google session trying to fix blender, nothing worked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Video card model and driver numbers might draw a little more interest for a solution from others. Have you tried turning off all 3D acceleration for your card? Also, what operating system?

I am using a 1950Pro. For a while I always had a problem when using texture paint or just using the game engine after a few minutes the textures would start blinking and warping. Restarting Blender would fix it for a bit, then it would repeat.

I discovered that if I turn off any antialiasing from the video cards panel the problem has gone away. I have gotten more done in the last week than I did the first month or two with the game engine. Constantly restarting really throws your creativity off.

Perhaps not related to your problem, but maybe start in safe mode, so the video card drivers are not loaded. See if Blender will load then. If it does you might want to run a driver cleaner program and get rid of everything you have now and reinstall the cards drivers. The link below is the one I use. Driver Cleaner is a good one too and used to be free but now it is pay only. The one linked below (driver sweeper) is free and worked great for me recently.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)_d1655.html

Good luck.