Blender crashing, constantly

Hi. I am experiencing problems with Blender 3.0 It crashes in the composition tab. After the crash I need to reboot windows, It is not possible to re-open blender in the same windows session.

I am not sure what to report, on one side I have the blender_debug_output:

WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘pose_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘outfit_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘hair_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘face_hair_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘expressions_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘footwear_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘patterns_sub’
WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v300\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1352 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value ‘0’ matches no enum in ‘HG_SETTINGS’, ‘’, ‘texture_library’
I0113 11:41:01.472110 8368 device.cpp:45] CUEW initialization succeeded
I0113 11:41:01.472110 8368 device.cpp:47] Found precompiled kernels
I0113 11:41:01.486122 8368 device.cpp:68] HIPEW initialization failed: Error opening HIP dynamic library

But then I also have the console dialog box showing this:

Saved session recovery to ‘C:\Users\info\AppData\Local\Temp\quit.blend’
Unregistered MACHIN3tools 0.3.13.
Exception in module unregister(): ‘C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\uber_compositor\init.py’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.0\3.0\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 439, in disable
mod.unregister()
File “C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\uber_compositor_init_.py”, line 194, in unregister
bpy.app.handlers.render_init.remove(update_resolution)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
Megascans Plugin Error initializing thread checker. Error: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Megascans Plugin Error initializing thread checker. Error: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

I apologize if this is the wrong way of reporting.

Disable all addons and open Blender with factory settings and check if the crash is present.

If the crash is still present and you can replicate it reliably you should make a proper bug report. Don’t forget about attaching system info and describing how the crash happens.

1 Like

Thank you, this might be a stupid question, but I will give it a try: What happens if the crash is not present…how to solve my current situation?

Activate addons one by one and find which one is broken. Then you can report a bug to addon developer.

1 Like

That’s an error for Uber Compositor. Identifiably by the first directory listed after '/addons/

My guess based on the error names and “HG” is that this is Human Generator? I had a client run into compatibility issues while this was installed in the past so I’m guessing they’ve got some garbage code practices.

That’s obviously Megascans, but I’d check the other addons first as they may be causing this error.

Thank you for your assistance. I removed HG and UBER and now I am trying to find out how to remove Megascans since the plugin is not listed in the preferences. Thank you