Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-07-16

1 Like

Ah… Hence the dead days.

Oh, i just read it. Great Stuff!!
Nice progress towards the beta with all these effort to complete the features and start on optimization and bug fixes.
Also this year’s GSoC projects all seem promising, especially LANPR, and hope they get implemented and developed further from there.
Keep it up guys!

1 Like

The devtalk forum tightens its grip as more lists fall to modern communication technology.

They won’t be missed much, if at all (the additional stuff like hotlinking videos and images as well as formatting helps a lot).

Honestly, they could probably kill 3-quarters of the total mailing lists and hardly anyone would notice.

I’m really impressed with how successful the devtalk forum seems to be, though. Most feedback on there is respectful and useful. Brecht and Campbell being pretty active seems to be inspiring new development too (maybe it always existed but just wasn’t so public).

I thought it would be a flaming dumpster fire when they first announced it. I’m glad I was wrong, though.

I was wondering why I didn’t see a “new compiler” version of the daily build on the download page today. I take it this is the reason - the “new compiler” is now the only compiler.

actually we skipped over the experimental build version completely

it used to be:

standard build - msvc 2013
experimental compiler - msvc2015

and now :
standard build - msvc 2017

1 Like

I see - even better then, I suppose.