Blender Developers Notes - 2018-06-11

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today’s 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 18th
June 09 UTC (10 CET).

1. Blender 2.8
  • There is a call for content for MatCaps: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/call-for-content-matcaps/737

• The bug tracker needs to be re-open. There is no decision to when do it, but we will try to come up with a plan to present in the meeting.

• Also as per previous discussions we don’t want to move 2.8 to master before we re-open the tracker. An attack plan for that will be elaborated during the bug tracker plans.

• Grease pencil patch will be reviewed this week by Campbell Barton and Sergey Sharybin. Antonio Vazquez updated it to be up to date with the branch.

1. Other projects
  • Ray Molenkamp reminds that the buildbot needs upgrade, so we can officially drop msvc2013 support. The linux buildbot also needs upgrade. Sergey Sharybin is looking at it.

• Campbell Barton confirms that we are still on track to the original deadline (June 15th, make the old wiki read-only).

• Blender is on Annecy festival with a booth during the entire week. Drop by to say hi.

1. Code quest links:

Regards,
Dalai

blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com

2 Likes

I read about Grease Pencil in the notes before I got the chance to ask about it. I still want to know, though: Is Grease Pencil close to operational in current builds, or will it be a week or so by the looks of things? Just wondering.

It’s a really big patch, patches of that size usually take a while to fully review for the final commit (and addressing them can take a while too).

The final review will be very soon, and it should be master not long afterward.

Also, this meeting shows that those chomping at the bit to send bug reports will likely be able to do so in the next weeks (and the developers know they will have a flood so that is why they need the attack plan).

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, I hope they come up with a really nice plan before opening the floodgates.