Blender diamond, export to UE5

We know we’re getting WAAAAY ahead of ourselves, but… our team is moving quickly in training, so we want to move our project along as quickly as possible.

So… does anyone know a way to export a refractive gem created in Blender, to UE5?

Are there any addons that could render our shader and color into something exportable? Could we possibly export our shader and “translate” it into a UE5 shader, OR is there a pre-existing method for UE5, and there’s absolutely no way to render our object into something usable in UE5, and maintain its refraction?

For the project we’re working on, it’s IMPERATIVE that we figure a way to get our gem working the same way in UE5 [or very similar] to what we have in Blender using Cycles. Unfortunately, we’re new users and not allowed up upload our file :frowning: we might could use a link to Google Drive, so you can see the file.

As far as I know, the Unreal engine has its own shader creation system for the effect of diamond faces - the only thing you can export is a model, a normal map, a roughness map, and you will have to assemble the refraction shader itself in Unreal - look for such a topic as distance fields for Unreal and volumetric scattering - there is a topic about creating not only glass objects but also various effects when glass refracts light

1 Like

Hey thanks a lot for replying back, and we’ll definitely take this information down, and do some additional research with it. One of our members DID share a very interesting and promising Unreal plugin called “Crystal Renderer”, and it definitely showcases what we aim to achieve. Thanks again!

• I’m glad that I helped you in some way - it’s just that when I was looking for information about distance fields and marching rays, I accidentally found information on an unreal engine how glass and various precious stones are made - so that the light on their faces is physically correct - good luck to you :wink: