Blender edit mode gets too frezzy

I have a editing problem:

I was making a stuff and blender started to freeze I didnt care at first because it wasnt so bad
and I continued editing it. I added some loop cuts and it started to get worst. whenever I add loop cuts it got more freezy and after a moment it got too hard to work so thats why I am here.

whatever I desing some stuff it gets freezy after a while. I am thinking to buy a new Gpu but in our country it is too expensive. my computer parts are:

7th gen İ7 cpu
NVİDİA geforce GTX 950m
8 gb ram (7,89 gb can be used)
windows 10

pls help me to fix this problem and the problem is only in blender 2.8. there is no problem in blender 2.79 just pls help me I want to use this software too much if you need more information I can get it too you just pls help me :frowning: (sorry for my “bad” english bye the way)

thank you :slight_smile:

Mesh Edit mode in the latest beta of Blender 2.8 is currently under-performing because of the many architectural changes. The developers stated this will be optimized before release, but for now you’ll just have to put up with it, or just stay with 2.79 for a while longer.

1 Like

Do you have the latest build? I’ve noticed 2.8 hanging a bit recently doing seemingly simple things. It’s just one of those things I guess. They’ll fix it. Not much you can do at the moment though. If it’s holding your project up, switch back to 2.79.

1 Like

Yes, I update every few days. Freezing, crashes and bad performance are to be expected during beta. Blender is not like most other software these days, where a “beta” is really more of a demo. This is a real beta, as in stuff is still broken and needs fixing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Thanos, I posted this reply on a similar thread, but in case you don’t see it, here it is:

It’s a known issue according to the wiki and the devs plan to improve performance for 2.80 stable release:

Note however there are still some missing features and performance problems in the new implementation. Particularly animation playback and moving of vertices in edit mode will be improved before the final 2.80 release, to bring it back to 2.7x level.

You can read more about it here: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/2.80/Modeling#Subdivision_Surfaces_and_Multires

Thank you for helping then I ll use 2.79 for a while :smile:

Thank you I ll take a look :slight_smile: