Blender flickering in Windows XP

Hello all,
occasionally I’ve discovered portions of my Blender screen flickering on and off. That’s to say, it turns black, then reverts back, then black again. It has to do when I roll my mouse over certain buttons or panels in Blender.

Of course, it’s not a major disablement in that, it’s more annoying and inconvenient than anything. Imagine opening the Transform panel, then when your mouse goes over the panel
your 3D view turns black. Then flickers around when you jiggle your mouse.

I’ve been experiencing the issue since 2.44, and running on Windows XP Pro SP2. Does anyone know why this kind of things happen?

Might be a video driver issue. Install the latest. If it doesn`t work, maybe somebody else can help.

You’re absolutely right! I tot I had the latest drivers according to the Device Manager, but … instead i found a newer version on Nvidia.com.
Blender’s working fine now; my Blender experience is now complete! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Well actually, it hasn’t been resolved yet. Recently I got back to modeling again, and it happened again. I went into Edit Mode, rolled my mouse onto the Transform panel, and the 3D view blacked out. Roll the mouse off the panel, and it returns.

Rolling my mouse over the windows taskbar button gives a popup. That’s normal. But what’s not normal is that, when i roll my mous off the taskbar, it leaves a black mark there.

Nothing too serious, but just mighty inconvenient and a tad irritating at times. Does anyone else have an idea? I’m using Blender 2.45, Windows XP SP 2 with Nvidia GeForce 8500GT, 1Gb RAM.

Attachments

Rolling my mouse over the windows taskbar button gives a popup. That’s normal. But what’s not normal is that, when i roll my mous off the taskbar, it leaves a black mark there.

Were you rendering? Blender does not update its interface when it is rendering through the render window.

Nope i wasn’t rendering anything at all.