Blender freezes after moving bone

Whenever I move a bone of a rig in pose mode, blender freezes for nearly a second before updating it. This a problem I have with only one rig. I have another rig that’s a duplicate of it that I made a while ago which has no problems moving any of its bones instantly. If I try to move the problem rig in object mode, it works fine. It just happens when moving the bones of the rig.

The mesh isnt the problem since the duplicate has the same mesh.
The modifiers aren’t a problem because there’s either one armature mod or some uv stuff, no subdiv.
My PC isn’t a problem because I have 16 gb of ram dedicated to blender
I think its a specific problem with just the rig since any other rig or object in the scene can be posed w no problem

If you say the copy of mesh and rig does not have this problem… then you may have missed something ?? Maybe a driver being not on the copy?

But then where do you have this copy ? Maybe import it to the problematic scene and then check if it behave the same ??

Its in the scene, right next to the rig with the problem. The only drivers I have are for a 2d face rig which both of them use.

That’s indeed… sounds weird…
…but also not much info … to help more…:person_shrugging:

Yeah I guess that’s the problem, I really don’t know what it could be so idk what else to say… I’ll just force through this scene and use a different project file without the issue later

I was able to recreate the problem by calculating a motion path, that seemed to do it and more. maybe I had a motion path calculated but it was off screen somewhere

Ahhh… See ?? …sometimes simply sharing (and formulating) some thought gives one some “other perspective”… and encourage to find it… :wink: