Blender Game Engine crashing?

Every time I try to run the game engine it crashed in version 2.48… I really want to try the new features :(. Im using Vista 32. Anyone got the same problem?

Yea I always get this. I have to save before starting the game engine or ill lose it all. It really pisses me off. It never used to do this

Perhaps this is related to the major bug that was fixed in SVN? It caused crashes in Yo-Frankie and this could be it as I didn’t have a BGE startup crash problem here.

really I compiled the latest SVN(4 seconds ago) and open the blend hit “P” and wait 2-3 seconds and crash!

Hi, thanks for the SVN hint, Ill download it right away and give it a try.

I get a similar problem in vista 32: the GE will “freeze” for 2-10 seconds before starting to play. At first I thought I might be using too complex a scene (new feature testing), but when it ran it went at 60fps, and I was using a nice computer.

The SVN worked! Thanks guys! :smiley:

thats because of joystick and audio initialization, you can pass a couple of switches to disable the wait, they are -nojoystick and -noaudio

using SVN(rev. 17175) I try to run Yo Frankie but it stays at the first screen the gives me one of those “error report as been created” send/don’t send thing.

Using win XP SP2
1GB RAM
Celeron processor 2GHZ

heres what is the DOS box at the crash:

shaders not supported!
read library: lib //../props/bridges.blend
read library: lib //../props/flowers.blend
read library: lib //../props/mountains.blend
read library: lib //../props/mushrooms.blend
read library: lib //../props/pickups.blend
read library: lib //../props/plants.blend
read library: lib //../props/platforms.blend
read library: lib //../props/rocks.blend
read library: lib //../props/signpost.blend
read library: lib //../props/trees.blend
read library: lib //../chars/frankie.blend
read library: lib //../props/arena_ground.blend
read library: lib //../chars/sheep.blend
read library: lib //../effects/fx_blast.blend
read library: lib //frankie_actions.blend
read library: lib //../hud/hud.blend
read library: lib //../effects/fx_lavaEffects.blend
read library: lib //../effects/ashes.blend
read library: lib //rat_actions.blend
read library: lib //sheep_actions.blend
read library: lib //../props/pickups.blend
WARNING: Sound actuator "cave_music" from object "Sphere" failed to load sample.

WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_impact" from object "item_acorn_001" failed to load
 sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_boneImpact" from object "item_bone_001" failed to l
oad sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "kick_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "throw_carry_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load s
ample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "msx_fight.wav" from object "Frankie" failed to load sam
ple.
WARNING: Sound actuator "stop_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "jump_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "throw_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample.

WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_hit" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_bounce" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample
WARNING: Sound actuator "tailwhip_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load samp
le.
WARNING: Sound actuator "ledge.wav" from object "Frankie" failed to load sample.

WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_item_pickup" from object "Frankie" failed to load s
ample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_life_pickup" from object "Frankie" failed to load s
ample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "landing_snd" from object "Frankie" failed to load sampl
e.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_impact_fall" from object "Frankie" failed to load s
ample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_step_grass" from object "RigFrankie" failed to load
 sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_step_grass_r" from object "RigFrankie" failed to lo
ad sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_step_grass_l_soft" from object "RigFrankie" failed
to load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_step_grass_r_soft" from object "RigFrankie" failed
to load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_frankiedeath" from object "RigFrankie" failed to lo
ad sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_frankiedielava" from object "RigFrankie" failed to
load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "step soft r" from object "rig_rat" failed to load sampl
e.
WARNING: Sound actuator "step soft l" from object "rig_rat" failed to load sampl
e.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_sheephit" from object "rig_sheep" failed to load sa
mple.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_step Soft 1" from object "rig_sheep" failed to load
 sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_step Soft 2" from object "rig_sheep" failed to load
 sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "death flash sound" from object "flash_ashes" failed to
load sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "sfx_boneImpact" from object "item_bone_001" failed to l
oad sample.
WARNING: Sound actuator "act" from object "fx_lava_splash_pa" failed to load sam
ple.
Warning, sensor "generic_always_pulse" has lost a link to a controller (link 4 o
f 4) from object "Frankie"
        possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the f
ile,logic may be incorrect
Warning, sensor "debug_pulse_true" has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1)
 from object "generic_character"
        possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the f
ile,logic may be incorrect

Blender Game Engine Started

cant catch anything: we are not on the ground
frank_init: ID: 0
ADDING PLAYER 0
19 sensors
Player 0 using keyboard
        config: setting deytail high
setting ID 0
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 1
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 2
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 3
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 4
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 5
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 6
CHILD! rig_rat
setting ID 7
CHILD! sheep_shadow
CHILD! sheep_bounce
CHILD! rig_sheep
setting ID 8
CHILD! sheep_shadow
CHILD! sheep_bounce
CHILD! rig_sheep
setting ID 9
CHILD! sheep_shadow
CHILD! sheep_bounce
CHILD! rig_sheep
setting ID 10
CHILD! sheep_shadow
CHILD! sheep_bounce
CHILD! rig_sheep
setting ID 11
CHILD! sheep_shadow
CHILD! sheep_bounce
CHILD! rig_sheep
Added cam OBMainCam

that looks like a sound system problem, its screwed up xD thats why i always compile without sound support and use an external library (aka pygame)

using 2.48a Blender crashed after music started and the Dos box had stuff abouut “setting id xx” or something and it was yelling “CHILD!”