Wait, hold the phone! What IS the BGMC?!
The Blender Game Making Challenge (or BGMC for short) is a week-long competition where people of the community make games relevant to contest’s theme. It’s secondary purpose is to encourage people to improve, either by trying to make something you’ve never tried making before, working with time-restraints or trying to aim for a specific style.
For more information on the BGMC and previous contests check out http://www.bgmc.info/
The goal is to make a stealth game. This could be sneaking past guards, hiding in the shadows, avoiding making noise, trying to get a top secret file, breaking out of prison, flying a stealth plane, or trying to steal a pie without being caught.
- No limits - you can use as many polys, textures, GLSL filters and scripts as you like. But remember that others need to be able to play your game to vote for it.
- You’re only allowed 7 days to work on your game.
- Blender 2.74 is preferable, but you can use any version of blender you like. Again, remember that other’s need to play your game in order to vote for it.
- Any assets created before the competition should be available for the community to use (i.e.posted in the resources forum). You can use scripts, models, rigs, 2d filters or any of the other great resources people have posted in the resource forum. Assets from blendswap or other sites like that are also allowed, provided the assert is available for anyone to use before the competition begins.
- If you use any pre-created assets please credit the person who created them in your WIP thread and in the submitted .blend file
- Your game must contain some stealth elements/mechanics
The winning game will be determined by a poll. The game with the most votes wins. Judging will begin shortly after the contest ends and the poll will remain open for one week to give everyone time to play the games and vote. I doubt that anyone would, but please don’t vote for your own game. Voting is open to anyone regardless of if they entered or not, but please ensure you download and play all the games before voting.
@Thatimster) to the winner. It’s an amazing package, and is well worth checking out. There will also be a giftcard once I get paid! And other donations for a prize are welcome. The winner also gets to host the next contest.
How do I enter?:
There is no sign up sheet, you just have to navigate yourself to the “Works In Progress” forum, start a thread, title it like so:
“BGMC 16 | ‘Name of game’” and you’re done! Be sure to let the community in on what you’re making!
On the final day of the competition, in order to submit your game, you must create a thread in the “Finished Games” forum with a download link to the game. (Preferably the .blend file)
You can start planning your games now (if you haven’t already).
The first day of the competition will be Saturday the 23rd of May and it will run through to Sunday the 31st. You have 7 days during that time to devote to making your game. You can fix bugs or whatever up until the last day, then all the games will be collected in to a pack and voting will begin.
Thanks to Smoking_mirror, for hosting the last BGMC, who did such a good job at it that I stole most of this post from them!