Blender Game Making Contest 16 - theme, prizes,rules and dates discussion

That sounds like quite a good game.
the other good thing about stealth is you could use procedurally generated levels to extend gameplay, which is a good way to make a big game in a short time…

If it’s a tie do we do a stealth point and click?

:smiley:

I was thinking something like that. Or the option of doing either?

By the way- I’m not sure what’s point and click? Is it something like Sims method where you click on place and walk there or click item and collect it like that?

point and click = click on the player(cam be more than one but in this case only one is shave of your command) then click on another point, the player should go in that second point.(that second point can be just a position or an object that basically add one task to the player selected)
normally require pathfinder.

is not the simplest

STEALTH IN POLE

39.13% stealth
34.78% point and click

:smiley:

It could be a point and click game in the same way that Grim Fandango was, or later Zork games, or just a Where’s Wally style, or Command and Conquer. A good puzzle game and be point and click. It doesn’t just have to be point and click player movement.

I thought it might be a simple theme, since you can do a lot of point and click interactions with just logic bricks.

Yeah point and click can be defined as a control method but it is more recognized as shorthand for point and click adventure game, like monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle.

Those games usually have a conversation driven game mechanic with no combat where you talk to people to get plot points or help with quests and puzzles. Sometimes the conversation itself is a puzzle. You usually have an inventory where you can combine items to get new ones. These are the things that could make point and click difficult for new users.

However it doesnt have to be like that. I’ve played p&c games with no dialog system (machinarium) or no inventory combination mechanic (back to the future the game). Even rts games have a point and click interface so a red alert type game wouldn’t be out of the question in that case…

I made a point and click interface for my own game in a single evening… the built in BGE nav mesh works great.

I personally think stealth is the one to go with. It has the most votes and seems interesting. I think you should not restrict it to one version, either, since some versions are better for game development. I will definitely be participating in this contest.
go stealth

This will be an interesting one.
A Stealth game seems like something that would take a lot of time planning/designing.
Not just the stealth mechanics themselves, but the world built around them.

I have no clue how to approach this one, except it will certainly incorporate one or more ninja.

I really like the idea of making a Stealth game.
Will be a lot of work, especially since I’ve never tried my hand at a stealth system. Should be fun!

Gonna use this as inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPpX1g1juo

I can’t wait for this contest, will be excited for any theme you pick, aside from the comedy one… sorry just not a big fan of the comedies. Point and Click set up sounds pretty difficult, I wouldn’t know how to set that up. Whodunnit/mystery sounds pretty cool, but stealth has to be my favorite. Fps/stealth are my favorite kind of games, and I can’t wait for the contest to start.
again, go stealth

A stealth game should be a good challenge. The BGE is a good hobbyist game developer tool, and I believe it should be used for practicing our game design and development skills. The Blender Game Making Challenge is one of the most effective way to do this ;).

Dang right Unicruz. Pick the theme soon, I’m dying to make a stealth game!!!

I think I could put together a quick stealth game in a couple of free evenings, count me in. :slight_smile:

It looks like Stealth has it.
I was very reluctant to enter a stealth game, as it’s not usually my flavor (I’m more of kick-in-the-door-with-guns-blazing type of guy).
but I’ve had a Moment of Inspiration, and I believe I have something in mind.

Let’s do this thing!

i have interesting historical-culture based semi-horror type idea for the game releated to ancient greeks. It should be great stealth game. And yeah, it will have horror elements in it and modified myth of ancient greeks(you will recetlise it as it is famous):wink: Let’s hope I can do it.

By the way, am I allowed to use textures from sites like CGtextures, tutorialsforblender3d or others aswell as models from tf3dm or blendswap for my project? I just can’t make them all myself…

Their is a Intel level up contest deadline for entry is May 14th,

I would like to see a blender game win…

First Prize is 5000$ us and a steam contract for making a full game + your concept/demo featured in steam demo section.

many more sub prizes,
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/level-up-2015-faqs

Crap, I’m not 18:D

It looks like stealth is going to win it. Before we get started, just a couple of points to iron out.

What are peoples preferred dates so we can maximize those that can take part?

A couple of people aren’t happy about using the latest version of Blender, what do others think?

A few wanted to see a return to voting over a point system for deciding a winner. Are people happy with this?