Blender geometry nodes Mesh Growth, Shaping the word Fear

Freelance Project.
The client provided the sculpted geometry, the Persian word “Haras” meaning Fear, and wanted a geometry nodes system which would use custom starting points to grow and shape the final result.
The idea was simple yet quite tricky, covert mesh to volume, volume to points and then back yet the first system I created was more than three times Slower, Larger in Cache and took way to long to bake and with some adjustment, using more data I was able to cut a few unnecessary computations and make it much more optimized which gave the same result as well.
Artstation Link:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/BX8JLD

Another material and lighting setup which was rejected

geo-nodes setup

Textures, Made in substance designer

9 Likes

هرس؟
(haras?)

(i’m curious if I’m parsing the calligraphy correctly.)

Thank you for sharing these somber artworks.

1 Like

you missed one word
its: “هراس”
to be honest, in the artwork its written in a way that is quite hard to read for even the natives.
I mean calligraphy is hard to read in any language, yet it it beautiful and captivating.

1 Like

Thank you for the correction. :slight_smile: I struggled more with this one than the other.

One of my treasured books is Arabic Script by Gabriel Mandel Khan, a deep but approachable survey of this calligraphy. I can’t speak or read Farsi, Arabic, Ottoman-Turkic, or Urdu, but I so enjoy trying to parse this unique and special art-form.

Thank you for sharing these.
السﻻم عليكم

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!