I’ve wanted to do a competition on this for ages, so I’m really excited to see the results…
View the guidelines, prizes and more:
The deadline is 16th July 2012 at 11:59pm GMT.
Only entries submitted within this thread will be accepted. You may use Imgur for hosting if you need it.
May the best artist win
I’m sorry Andrew but I have to protest. Allow us to use blender internal.
Yep. Just changed the rules. You can now render with the Internal Renderer if you wish.
This is an original Flight Management Computer.
You`ll find those things in a commercial airliner such as the Bombardier Regional Jet.
Thanks Andrew, I would have been disappointed if you did not let them use it I am a cycles man myself, but BI is part of blender
This is something I will be entering - I have an idea as we speak…
can we use minor third party models like you did with the flowers for the interior scene?
Place holder I think. My entry is almost done
to people who have posted already…you have like a month, dont write yourself off by saying you have no chance if winning; see what you can do
This is going to be a cool thread to keep an eye on…
Holy Cow nano! You put that together in a day? That is mucho impressive. The water on the ground looks great. Really helps keep the ground from being too plain. Great job!
thanks. the water and cobble are all one material, using a stencil map. It was challenging figuring out how to do it in cycles.
Wow, that looks cool and it was just a little too fast. Did you make all that from scratch in 24hrs?! Wow!
no definitely not. i started a couple days ago, and finished today, so i don’t think it’s technically within the rules… but i had realism in mind from the start.
Aaahh,… Oh well. It really looks fantastic! I hope he allows it!
** Submission withdrawn **
This is from Evermotion and potentially you could have downloaded the file and imported everything into Blender…this should be disqualified, imho
Anyways, nice to see a nice white interior made in Cycles without visible noise.
@marcoG_ita: I wouldn’t know where to even look to spot a fake. Good eye, but let’s let Andrew decide (with that kind of resemblance, wow…)
@Everyone: You need to check the rules and stick to them. Although they are listed as guidelines, they really are the rules for the competition. Here they are as a refresher and the link as well:
- Only one entry per person
- It must be an image
- It must be created with Blender
- It must be rendered with either the Internal renderer or Cycles
- Minor post processing in Gimp or Photoshop is allowed
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 720, but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your image must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed (including MakeHuman)
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not be a central part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your image must in some way relate to the theme
- The winner will be asked to submit the .blend file for proof of its creation
All the best to everyone; remember to use the time for your entry (^^,)!!
i think i am going to tackle some nature…pray for me :]