Blender Guru Competition: Scifi

Here’s my entry. Best I could do with the allowed time. Good luck to all.

http://williammackay.yolasite.com/resources/Weary%20Travelers.png

this is a combination render, the ship & planets are cycles.

for larger version click link
This is my entry “Weary Travelers” good luck to all.

*not final submission

Here’s mine. (:

Sheriff

There are a lot of cool entrys.

• cheers ! *

rendering? i’m worried i’m not going to finish animating!

I can help you with rendering if you want! I’ve got a pretty fast desktop computer :slight_smile: I’ll PM you with my email!

Anyone else needing help to render and animation just PM me :smiley:

I’m having problems for being a new user.

But anyways, here’s mine

cheers

Whoa…wow. Okay then, since I now see that that’s authentic, I’d like to say it’s one of the best yet!

I’m happy you are in the image category:p, otherwise you would be my greatest competitor… Just love it :yes:
Maybe next time…:evilgrin:

Hahaha! Thanks. :smiley:

Here is my entry for Andrew’s Sci-Fi contest! I titled this image “Goodbye Master”. This was rendered with the Cycles render engine and took a LONG time to finish. Hope you all like it! :smiley:

May I please ask who is also working on an animation for the animation category?

:confused:, since I’m getting confused…

Right, I did this really early on, and it’s been sat on my desktop for ages as inspiration but I haven’t had the time to develop it further or do anything else so here we go.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/MSHunt/Blender/Render220313-02.png
Hope you like!

INFILTRATORHere’s my entry, a short film called infiltrator.
Everything but the sound track and SFX were done in blender.

i think youtube is still processing this so the quality will improve eventually.

@Journeyman, I’m making an animation too, I just never got aroung to posting a WIP.

Calzaath, really cool animation, I like how his helmet looks Malandorian :slight_smile:

I’m also doing an animation, though having seen your WIP, i may just pack up and sulk somewhere :wink:

Okay, the other was a tad too dark here is my Submission.

*Final

Looks great :smiley: I don’t know if this will work, but, try adding a bit of DOF in this image! I think it’ll look even better with a bit of blur :slight_smile: Good Luck to you!

I did my node work through different scenes and rendered them together, I will look into that though thanks.

thanks, dude! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
I though also to adding motion blur on the x-wing and I tried but the result was not really nice.
Cause, there were blur on the x-wing and on the rest of the scene, so no real focus point.

And for the glossy shader… oh shit that’s one of the thing is missing to be more realistic… I should have seen that
I’ll tried to correct that, and update my post… Thank you very much