Blender hangs on render?

I’ve fallen away from Blender for lack of time, but I recently picked it up again and noticed this issue. Anything from within the modeling view is fine, but once I begin a render, the main window hangs. The render finishes like normal, but as soon as I close the render window, the main screen hangs/crashes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ksYmW36Uo
Does anyone have suggestions or a solution?

What are your specifications? Is that vista? Try to render within blender.

Yes, it is Vista.
I was rendering from within Blender, I simply pressed F12.

My computer specs (which have run Blender fine in the past):
Intel Core2 Duo T7100 1.8ghz
2 gb RAM
Mobile Intel X3100 965 Express

Oof, you have an Intel GPU, and you are using Vista. Both of things are not too nice to Blender, causing problems.
You can try disabling Aero if you have it enabled (but with an Intel GPU, your mileage will be limited).

I think what bigbad meant was to render in Blender’s Image Editor, which can be done in the Output Panel; change the it from Render Window to Full Screen.

Well that seems to be a fix.
I realize that integrated graphics aren’t fun for 3d modeling, but it’s all I’ve got. =\ I do have Aero disabled, and I’ve installed uxtheme patch so my window manager is about 1,000k tops. As I said though, I haven’t had this problem in the past and I’ve modeling on this computer for over a year. I just wonder what caused this issue… I believe it came from an updated driver from Intel, but I can’t be certain.

In any case, at least I can render from within the Image Editor and go back to modeling without having to restart Blender. :slight_smile:

If you have any other suggestions, that would be great.
Thanks!

(Perhaps another solution is to start up my Ubuntu and work there…)