Blender Icon Redesign ?

i believe someone asked where the colour scheme came from. well it’s from the Netherlands’ flag (blender was, after all, originally dutch) so if someone does make a new logo (like Nat) it would most probably only be accepted if it included orange white and blue…

Blender’s logo shouldn’t change - it represents a brand and even Maya and 3DS Max have retained the same logo - the icon is what continually evolves. I believe I read somewhere that the logo is inspired by the shape of an eye.

Interesting debate - glad that some people are quite opiniated on this subject.

hahah :stuck_out_tongue: of course its inspired from an eye…i could tell this when i first started using blender…but it does need a little redesign, but as someone above said, only to its icon, not the logo itself…icons always change…i mean, look at the gieco gecko, gieco didnt always have that…i remember when they had a little girl :stuck_out_tongue:
and also, statefarm, or farmers…insurance companys have a lot of different icons, and so do foods…just take a look, its out there yah know?

I don’t know with this one, but the icon i have is that really flat one, not any where near as good as what OSX has…
But to me, Blender is Blender, i wouldn’t stop using it because of a logo or an icon, as far as i’m concerned that really is just face value. I don’t care what it looks like, as long as it continues to exist.
And yes, i think it looks like an Eye thing.

lolol :smiley: Well said mate :smiley:

Blender 2.49a will not be used after the 2.6 version , so the change in logo it is not needed. Just make an icon for yourself until then if you use 2.49a along 2.5a.

Blender 2.6 will replace 2.49a so changing the logo for what ? 6 months? not needed!