Blender in Cape Town

I got a News

Blender introductory course (Cape Town)

A Blender basic course will commence on the 23rd of October 2007 and will be presented over 6 weeks on Tuesday evenings.

This is the perfect opportunity for people who are interested in 3D animation to get a great introduction to a fully-featured FREE 3D package.

At the conclusion of this course, you would be able to:

• Model objects

• Texture objects

• Light the scene

• Render the output

• Create basic animated objects, e.g. logos and text for video titling

• Perform basic video compositing in Blender, e.g. composite text into a video.
    Topics that will be covered are:

• Installing Blender

• Introduction to Blender’s GUI (Graphical User Interface)

• Navigating in 3D

• Objects vs meshes

• Transformations: moving, rotating, scaling, copying

• Mesh modelling

• Text

• Curves and surfaces

• Materials

• Textures

• Lighting

• Rendering

• Animating objects

• Exporting work for use in video compositing

• Compositing animations into videoThe course will be presented by Allan Liddle in conjunction with Triggerfish. Allan Liddle is a top-10 Vuka! award winner, which he accomplished with the first and only Blender Open Source animated submission for Vuka! The course will be presented at the Triggerfish learning centre in Bergvliet/Tokai and will commence at 19:00 on Tuesday evenings and end around 21:00. Space is limited to 10. As an introductory offer, the cost will only be R800 per person for the full course.

NOTE: although training will be done on the Triggerfish equipment on Tuesday evenings, students need to have access to their own PC at other times in order to practice and do homework.

All software (Blender and the GIMP) will be supplied free of charge - because they ARE free - legally! But you knew that!

If you are interested, please email Allan at: <i>[email protected]</i> before 20 October 2007.

Magazine People are saying:-

For our next animationXchange, on 11 October, we’re focusing on work done in ]Blender and both experts and hobbyists will be coming through to talk to us some more about this amazing open source 3D software. It will also be the last Xchange for the year because we’re planning the festival screenings for the Cape Showcase event happening in early November. Please keep your eye out for details on our site.
Link is Here
http://www.animationsa.org/v3/article.asp?ArticleID=889

damn wish I were in CPT for that!