Blender keeps crashing

When I open the blender application, I have the console, and then the app appears for 5 seconds before crashing, I have tried restarting my PC but it didn’t help, Does anyone know what the problem is? I am using Blender 2.79

Blender a2.81 doesn’t work for me either.

Make sure your computer meets the minial requirements and your graphic card drivers are up to date

I am meeting all the requirements, and this has never happened before

I just found out that it crashes as soon as the update java notifications comes up, I’ll update java then tell you if it works

Hi
Before what? With another version of Blender? Before you install a new driver? Before OS update?
What is your GPU? What is your OS?

Operating system: 64-bit Windows 10
GPU: Intel(‘R) HD Graphics 520

It hasn’t happened before today.

Updating java didn’t help

I am not a Windows user. Maybe some automatic Windows update?
You enter to the intel web site and manually download and install the latest graphic drivers available for your GPU. You reboot the system after installing new drivers.

I did, and it worked for about 3 hours then I saved the model, and today it doesn’t work again, I can’t even save it, it just crashes without any warning whatsoever

You can try opening blender via command line with “–factory-startup” argument. It should open your blender with factory settings. Maybe some settings prevents your blender from opening.
it should look like something like that:

That’s weird. Are you having problems only with Blender?
If what @jerzygorskiart suggested does not work, you run Memtest to verify RAM health, and some disk diagnosis to verify disk/drive health and bad sectors.

The method @jerzygorskiart suggested didn’t help, and the RAM and disk health is fine

Is this some kind of feeling or did you really run diagnostic tools?
Anyway, what you said about it worked for 3 hours after installing the graphic driver and then it broke again, it sounds strange. I would recommend trying a clean installation of Windows or Linux and trying it in long sessions to rule out hardware problems.

By the way, running Blender from the Windows console can give you error messages that could indicate the cause of the problem. Also with a Blender crash a log is created, but generally the log is not understandable to users.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/troubleshooting/crash.html

I’ve had this happen with Windows before, but have never found the culprit. Either Blender update fixed the issue or a Windows update did. I have seen this issue crop up for Windows users here and in other groups as well, but no one has found a good solution. I’m wondering if this is a Windows issue. Same builds in Linux and Mac don’t suffer this. May be some sort of security issue. In another group a user had and untrusted app warning pop up on them when trying to load Blender, so maybe there is a link. Is this installed or from a self extracting archive?

For some odd reason it works every other day, so sometimes it doesn’t work

Also sometimes it crashes when I render, but I looked the problem up on here and solved it :smile: