Blender lights / Yafray lighting .....

Before anyone says anything : I read the yafray doc … wich didn’t really help me at all…

I understand the principles but what I’m not succeeding at is lighting the scene the way I want…

Let’s say that i light up the scene in blender and I want something similar to be outputted in yafray… I can’t get it done… it seems yafray disregards my lighting setup… the skydome and full options are clear… what’s the trick here ? I can’t believe it’s all trial and error with this…

grts…
md01

i can guess that it is due to the more realistic way the light behave into yafray, but i’m not sure of this.

it’ s true also for me, and the general result is:
the same setup is darker with yafray thanwith blender.

I think you just have to get used to the way yafray handles light. I had the same problem myself… Once you get used you’ll be able to change the light setup to look like you had with Blender.

With me it helped doing lights on very basic scenes. Just a sphere inside a box…

Yeah … that’s what I am doing… doing testing testing testing… the problem is that my compu is really freaking slow… it takes ages! so in between testing… I am hanging around the forum…

md01