Blender match moving ?

Has anyone dared to code or implement match moving in blender ?

I heard ton said he wanted to do a movie about FX , mixed with real footage , but did he meant to do the matchmoving a blender feature?

I’ve figured out in my head how to do 2D of a static camera, but Voodoo etc seem to work well for everyone, so there is no real burning bridge. Two geeks at Microsoft have demonstrated a 3D reconstruction software, so I don’t see a burning need, given the free and fancy stuff already on the market.

I try SynthEyes, it’s not too expensive and works a charm!

Hi,
Not too expensive???
A full version of SynthEyes costs about 400$…
I think that’s expensive for sure…wouldn’t you say so???

I remember a while back some one was developing a tracking solution using the blender game engine…a quick search on the forums might reveal something.
I do believe a 2d tracking/stabilizing solution for the compositor and a 3d tracking solution would be awesome…but there is soooooo much development happening right now i think its just a matter of time before it gets implemented . :smiley:

i own syntheyes , i was just wondering if it would be implemented in blender.

400 euros is not much compared to other “high end ones” thousands , and syntheyes has nothing to envy the “high end ones”

IMO.

Try this

http://fictionality.co.uk/doku.php?id=tutorials:matchmoving

Work is still continuing (apparently) on a motion-tracking library for Blender. The project is now called “libmv” and you can read about it here:

http://code.google.com/p/libmv/

I discovered SynthEyes thanks to an advertizing on this forum, and I use it for one year. It is really accurate, fast and easy to use, with many features, like stabilisation. It has an exporter to Blender, and its price is very affordable compared to other softwares of the same type.
For my own, I don’t think that coders should focus on this feature while there are more important things needed in Blender.
For less professionnal works, Voodoo is usable.

Hi,
Not too expensive???
A full version of SynthEyes costs about 400$…
I think that’s expensive for sure…wouldn’t you say so???

Well, so:

Oh!!! Horrorr!!! It’s fraking expensive!!!
But it still works like a charm! :wink:

I also vouch for Syntheyes. Works with Blender, Poser, After Effects… awesome all around