Blender mentor

Hello. I am a beginner Blender user (self-taught). To start, I would like to learn proper modeling, UV unwrapping, and texturing (preferably using Substance Painter). That’s really all I want, yet it’s quite a lot. I’m a hobbyist, so I only have my free time after work. However, after spending some time with Blender and watching dozens of random tutorials, I find myself quite confused. I would like to organize my knowledge, have the opportunity to ask someone experienced, someone who works in the industry on a daily basis, such as in gaming, about this and that. Someone who would evaluate my work, point out mistakes, sometimes show how something can be done differently, and answer ongoing and emerging questions.

In other words, I’m looking for an experienced mentor who could spare perhaps up to 15 minutes a week, maybe even less - of course, not for free. Why? One reason is that I’m tired of asking random people on Discord, where everyone has “their” opinion on a topic (because they are hobbyists and think it’s okay), and two, sometimes struggling with a trivial problem takes too much valuable time and really discourages me… I really don’t see significant progress (the amount of work in relation to the results), and that’s why I would like to approach the subject a bit differently.

6 Likes

It’s called paid course… and they are everywhere… mentors vita inclusive… also with personal mentorship…

…and according

…any other question and reply platform… where any topic is “just” another sub-sub-sub-catgegory… initially brought to live by anyone who claims the position of moderator… (qualification not needed…)…

…but this may be already too off-topic…

This depends on the community… not the software… even if some SW may be better suited…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.