Blender Not Opening- Solved

I have been trying to install Blender, but no matter how I do it I haven’t been able to open it. I used Blender on my old machine without issue. I have tried both reinstalling the program and restarting my computer, with each reinstall I’ve made sure all the original files were deleted (including from the AppData folder). I have tried both the website download and the Steam install. I have also tried using the repair option in the Windows installer.

I run a 64-bit Windows 10 machine with an RTX 2070 and an i7-8700 processor.

EDIT: This is the error that comes up “Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION”

UPDATE: Experimental build 2.79 opens and seems to run fine, CATS plugin seems to work fine with it too.

Go to the folder where blender.exe resides and open a Power Shell there by selecting the folder and holding Shift and right click on it.

If blender crashes you see the error. Hopefully someone will help you or google the error.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that- I’ll update with the error soon

This is the error I’m getting: “Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION”

1 Like

For your card you need to get blender from here https://builder.blender.org/download/
Another thing update Graphic drivers.

1 Like

Is there no way to use the current version with my card? I need to be able to use a plugin that’s only updated for the non-beta versions.

Not sure since I don’t have that card but update the drivers and see.

Tried- drivers are fully up to date, thank you though. I’ll try downloading the stable build for now and hope that the plugin works.

I have also this problem and when i try to open it whit powershell it shows me this

what can I do?

I am also having the same/similar issue. Do you have any luck? Any help is appreciated, thanks

GPUTexture: texture alloc failed. Likely not enough Video Memory.
Current texture memory usage : 0.00 MiB.
Using OpenGL 4.3 debug facilities
GL application marker: Successfully hooked OpenGL debug callback.
GL API error: Error has been generated. GL error GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY in TexImage2D: (ID: 4124735492) Generic error
Crash backtrace not supported on release builds
GL API error: Error has been generated. GL error GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY in TexImage2D: (ID: 4124735492) Generic error
Crash backtrace not supported on release builds
OpenCL error: CL_INVALID_VALUE in __clewGetDeviceInfo(device_id, 0x1030, sizeof(data), &data, NULL) (C:\b\buildbot-worker-windows\windows_lts_283\blender.git\intern\cycles\device\device_opencl.cpp:210)
Current texture memory usage : 0.12 MiB.
Current texture memory usage : 0.02 MiB.
GL API performance: API_ID_RECOMPILE_FRAGMENT_SHADER performance warning has been generated. Fragment shader recompiled due to state change.
GL API performance: API_ID_RECOMPILE_FRAGMENT_SHADER performance warning has been generated. Fragment shader recompiled due to state change.
Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Address : 0x00007FF68AE90CD0
Module : C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\blender.exe

ok nvm. you just need to use HDMI instead of VGA. Problem solved for me.

I’ve done what u said with Blender 2.90, I’ve been searching for the error but I couldn’t find anything online :confused:

I have the same problem. Anyone know someone that can help with Blender technical issue? basically program not opening, I get the boot up window and then it disappears. ( rig is new, Windows 10 pro, Nvidia card) have tried running new version and previous. ?

I’ve been dealing with the exact same problem. If you still haven’t gotten it to work try this. Right click on blender.exe and click Properties. Under one of the tabs you should see where you can run Blender under Windows 8, select that. (Since I did that the box changed so I can’t tell you exactly what it looked like). Anyway, that worked for me. The shortcut doesn’t work properly but launching from the program file works.

I hope that helps!

Problem for me is that I’m using a docking station. Specifically, I’m using an amazon basics docking station. When I unplugged it, blender opens with no problems. When I plug it back in, blender crashes on startup with that access violation error. I’m going to try updating my graphics drivers but I doubt that will fix the issue.

1 Like

When I open Blender it comes up with a black screen and then opens blender then shuts down straight away and every time i retry, It does the same thing, I was wondering if you can fix this problem, Please Reply!

When I go to open a Power Shell for some reason it does not say I can open a Power Shell

This PC is not a thing on my PC for some reason!

Thank you so much it worked with me