Worked on this on and off between May to July 2009. Never got round to finish it because I got busy. Then got lazy to restart when I got free :o
I did this experiment to learn material nodes and used a harry potter scene as inspiration. All the textures are procedural. The ocean in the clip is currently at subsurf level 2 only to speed up render and allow straight render. Subsurf level of 4 I think is ideal for the final render but I will have to do it in layers to avoid bogging down my computer.
Hopefully your crits and comments will give me a kick in the a** to continue working on this before I get busy again