Blender on a Toshiba Tecra M1

Hi there. First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed the most likely.

Anyway, I’m trying to get Blender to run on my toshiba tecra M1 with little success. It loads, but for some reason will only display one half of the screen correctly at any one time. What I mean is I can get the model grid in the top half, but not the settings panel(s) and vice versa.

The graphics card (which I’m assuming is the problem) is a Trident Video Accelerator Cyber-XP4 with the lates drivers from the Toshiba site.

If anyone has had any success getting blender running on this machine or graphics card I’d appreciate some pointers.

Cheers guys and gals

Try to disable hardware acceleration and see if it works that way.

To disable graphics hardware acceleration globally for all applications in Windows XP or Windows 2000, Select
Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Troubleshooting and slide the Hardware Acceleration slider from Full to None.

Why do I have the feeling that this is an oft asked question?

That definately did the trick. Would there be any harm in leaving it in that state the whole time

Yes, it’s a common question.

The slider does have some intermediary position, try to see what is the maximum hardware acceleration that still let blender work.

Without hardware acceleration the games will not work.