Blender on OSX 10.6

been using it a while now, only thing ive seen is that flickeriing glitch, but only ever in render result before its finished rendering.

Also, im presume anyone who has updated has already noticed, but the quicktime screenrecord is a very nice feature, hope it will be useful for blender users for mac folk creating tuts or time lapses and such. just a pointer for anyone else who has taken an interest in it, when you select new screen recording you can set the mic in that little white triangle, it’s defaulted on none on mine and wasnt overly obvious.

and i just bought iShowU HD ;D well it’s nice the new screenrecord, and does it really flawless

I have the feeling that Blender is also rendering slower on Snow Leopard.

The 2.5 builds do not show the screen flickering, refresh bug in render view.
That is good to know. I hope 2.5 will be useable soon for the class room.

Claas

I also had SL installed, but I downgraded to Leopard because of troubles with Adobe products and the flickering in the blender ui. There was a problem with Quicktime X too! … it was really weird. When I wanted to watch a quicktime movie which was made with blender Quicktime X hides the background. Instead of the world bg color it was black.

Did anyone of you had these troubles too? … or is there a solution or setting for this?

I will wait for 10.6.2 to come out … than I will give SL an new chance.

Leto

Yeah i noticed that with quicktime, it’ll work fine in vlc, i was actually playing around with chroma keys so i just brushed it off, but then i rendered the fully composited .mov file and quicktime showed black for the whole thing, vlc still works fine though, i normally used to use vlc anyway, i only started using quicktime recently but im a sucker for a nice glossy ui :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about the GE. I don’t do much with it… I’m happy to test though.

Anything specific that caused problems? I can load up some yo frankie! files and see how it goes, let me know if you want me to test anything specifically.

Several days now, and no blender problems.

Hey folks

All encountering flickering especially on borders or as me in some
pythonscripts that use exessive bgl-draws, please try out this build:

http://graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=660

This should cure your flicker, mine is completly gone ( MacPro 1.1, 8800GT )

Looks like it is not related to OS-componets ( cause else the dynamic linked lib´s + frameworks would produce the same issue )but someting goes wrong with static parts in linking/building. Have to investigate what is different in static components then.
Worth a try, for Blender 2.5 will need some weeks more still…

This build is not the same revision as 2.49b, but o.k. for a test.
Reports would help to sort out the issue ( Apple-Python gl-calls ? )
Please report about your experience, maybe we need a new 2.49b release-build then.

Jens

man, you probably just saved my job! (video-tutorials)
From what i can tell flickering is gone.
Thank you! Where can I buy you a beer? :slight_smile:
With kindest and grateful regards from Leipzig,
Sebastian

Hey Sebasian

I wait for some more positive answers and ask then tkroo to build a new
release on his native Tiger. ( Can´t drive it anymore, no support for my GFX-card. )

Glad it worked out for you :slight_smile:
( Geht voll auf´n Sack den ganzen Tag das Geflicker, gell ? )

Blender 2.5 will anyway change everthing, runs much better with it´s new eventsystem

• we are going to rewrite the ghost-part in cocoa which is more responsive + have later the base for compiling 64bit.

BTW: test Luxrender !! OSX-port is nice too :slight_smile:

Greetz from Hamburg…Jens

Aber voll! :wink:
I already had started to use Crossover.app,
which ran surprisingly good. but of course not as good as the real thing… :eyebrowlift:

BTW: test Luxrender !! OSX-port is nice too :slight_smile:

I did! And i love it!

I will (hopefully) do a video-tut on blender+luxrender, at least the very basic stuff.
(hat schon was einfach mal auf’s knöpfchen zu drücken und das licht sieht super aus ohne viel lampen-fummelei…)

Cheers!

Just want to say thanks for the tip, and for me this build works.
It doesn’t show the flicker and UI drawing problems on SL 10.6, I had before.
(Imac, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 7600GT, and now SnowLeo)

Patel

Hiho

Tkroo made us a new 2.49b-build now from the tag.

So this is officially 2.49b revision-non-flicker !

Get it here: http://graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=1127

Cheers…Jens

This Build is running smooth without any flaws on 10.6. (as far as I can see for the moment)

Many thanks, Jens and Tkroo!

Patel

awesome! that’s great!
thanks both of you!!
i guess you earned your second beer now… :wink:

Hello,
As seen on many forums, QTX is a pre-release of the new QT and has some backgrounds rewriting that won’t sync with some usual workflows. The complete original QT 7.X Pro app you had is still there running and should be used for any creativ purposes till QTX will come with full features.

B.R.
almux