Blender plate resize problems

Is it even possible to make planes taller ive looked everywhere and 1 its not what im looking for 2 people use too complicated words for me right now to know if its what im looking for due to being very new to blender 3 ive tried alot of stuff

What kind of plates are you talking about? Would you mind to drop a screenshot?

Welcome :tada:…

Object → Transform → Scale ?

You may have to elaborate this to get a more suited answer.

What are you exactly looking for ? ( for example: i also can’t even imagine what everywhere or everything might be… :person_shrugging: )

Sorry i misspelled and put plate when i meant to put Plane anyways im try to make its height taller but it wont work

First: a plane has zero height… you seem to have subdivided it already… (?)
Second: it has to be selected… and scale in object mode (might have to applied later) or directly in edit mode… via mouse drag or direct edit…

1 Like

Try to add a Solidify modifier to it.

2 Likes

“Taller”?
If you mean give it some height (thickness), go into edit mode, select all (A key) and extrude it on the z axis. Press E to extrude then move mouse, press Z to restrict the extrusion on the z axis (you may have to press Z twice).

Alternately you can give it a solidify modifier (this will add thickness to the plane)

1 Like

Solidify modifier worked perfectly thanks!

1 Like

How do you came up with “thickness” here ?? :wink:

Isn’t that works the same?

I mean, for sure you can switch to an Edit Mode and manually change plate’s dimensions by extruding its axis, but wouldn’t be that easy to just add a Solidify modifier instead?

1 Like

“make a plane taller”

A plane is flat.

Didn’t understand this reply to mine… but also sorry i overread this :sweat_smile: :

1 Like