Blender Practice: Pens

I gave myself a homework assignment, modelling stuff laying around on my desk. This time, pens and a pencil.

48 Likes

amazing work !

1 Like

Thanks so much :grinning:

1 Like

This looks really good, nice work.

Superb work they look real and you can’t get better than that, congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks, that means a lot

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Congrats on being featured!!! Very nice render!!

I admit, I’ve done the same thing, modeling ink pens. They are a fun little project that can be done in a few hours. I have a couple on my desk now that I’d like to create in blender…

Randy

2 Likes

Beautiful. They just need lettering!

1 Like

I love the wear on the materials. Brilliant.

1 Like

Thanks. One of the goals I set myself was to only use node based materials; no external bitmaps. That’s why there’s no further detail like logos and lettering.

1 Like

Aha! I think that could be seen as a weakness within Blender that one is forced to use external bitmaps to create lettering and logos. Our world is filled with such things. Don’t you think it should be possible to generate these things inside Blender, especially procedurally?

1 Like

Well you can add text in Blender if you want to. And with some effort create graphics in material nodes. But it’s not straightforward, I’ll give you that. It’s not that I’m against using external bitmaps, it’s a very effective solution in some cases. It’s more that I wanted to explore and improve my material nodes skills.

1 Like