Blender renders motion blur weirdly on my eye texture!

Hey! Blender for some reason, renders my eye textures weirdly when motion blur is enabled. But when I turn it off, it looks fine. And I think it has something to do with me using and object to control the location of the texture on the texture coordinate node. (This is also a cycles only issue. In eevee, it works fine with motion blur)

Any help? Thanks!

Does the CPU have the same problem?
Does changing GPU rendering settings to CUDA cause the same issue?

If the CUDA setting rendering on the CPU or GPU does not cause a problem, then it is a problem with the graphics driver.

It may be fixed by updating the graphics driver, but if not, use CUDA when using motionblers.

※ With CUDA on the RTX graphics card, there is a slight performance degradation compared to Optix.

Other problems seem to have to find the cause.

uhh nope. I updated my drivers and still didnt work. I tried switching to CUDA and Optix with rendering from GPU to CPU and still the same issue! Is there something I could provide that would help you figure out what it could possibly be?

Is there any image that can be compared to EEVEE rendering?

yep! Also in cycles, the viewport looks fine! Its just the rendered result in cycles that looks bad

Last time I checked, moving a texture’s coordinates wasn’t taken into account for motion blur.

I wish there was a solution to this, but to my knowledge, there isn’t.

1 Like

It seems to be different from the problem that usually occurs.
If there’s no problem when you deactivate the motionblur.

There is a way to deactivate the motion blur and use the vector blur of Composing to give a motion blur effect.

I see. Is there a thing where I can suggest or report problems to blender to fix this? :smiley:

Thanks! Will this act as normal motion blur when it comes to animations? And whats the difference with using this, and normal motion blur?

The developpers most likely are aware of this as a limitation of Cycles, so I don’t think reporting it as a bug is relevant.

Vector blur is applied after the render is done, so it’s a screen space effect and can be a bit glitchy in some circumstances. Though if it works, that’s nice and will even allow the render to be a bit faster.

The regular motion blur is applied to the objects themselves during the render, so it’s more accurate.

1 Like

This is an old method and it doesn’t cause any particular problems because it’s a filter that applies after rendering.

However, there can be times when you are not satisfied with the results. However, it doesn’t seem to be too much of a problem for unrealistic scenes. :slightly_smiling_face: