Blender - Shapekey Driver with bone (Rotate 90degrees and scale to activate shapekey)

I am currently trying to figure out how I would create an equation to activate a shapekey which is connected to a driver.

I know how to do basic shapekey drivers by “copying as new driver” and tweaking them with basic expressions and editing the with the driver editor, but… my knowledge using them is still kind of basic/new to it all.

Armature - So, what I want to do with a bone is have it rotate 90degrees and also scale < with doing that I want a shapekey to then activate “0.000” > “1.000” when the bone has been bent 90degrees and scaled.

As slightly mentioned above I tried doing “copying as new driver” since thats as far as I have gotten with shapekeys and knowing super basic equations. I tried a couple things like putting rotation and scale together in the equation but I would always come up short sadly.

Welcome to BA :slight_smile:
If you really want to figure this out by hand, you can, but you’re essentially trying to recreate an RBF setup, which is complex math and already exists for free.

Check this out:
https://www.braverabbit.com/braverabbit/tools/rbf-nodes/

2 Likes

I’ll give that a shot, ty!

1 Like