Blender show collection in static colourize lines by collection

Hello,

i have a question about collections. At the moment i am selecting an object, than go to the outliner and than click entf on numpad to find the object in the outliner.

The lines importet from Autocad via dxf are black and the background is grey. I enabled statistics and see them in the top left.

Is there a they to colorize the lines by the collection they are in? Or is it possible to show in the statics than i select an object in wich collection the object is?

Thanks for helping if someone has an idea :slight_smile:

Best regards
Sico

Color of Wireframe in 3D Viewport is relative to Theme, Object Color property or is Random.

Color of item lines in Outliner are defined by theme. The alternating of color is to help to distinguish each item. There is a blue highlight for selection.

In both cases, there is no coloring of items by collection, by default.

In outliner, you can set a color tag to collection through right click menu.
That is coloring a vertical line indicating content of collection.
But there is no coloring of background lines or item names.

In 3D Viewport, you can use Object Color Rules addon to set an Object Color relative to Collection name.
But Object Color for Wireframe is only visible for meshes objects, not curves.
You can add a geometry node modifier converting curves into meshes, to see colored wireframes of a curve object.

Statistics are showing active collection, defined by a click in outliner, not the collection of active object.
To know to which collection, active object belongs.
You can look at its Collections panel in Object Properties tab.
Or you can switch Filter of Outliner, from All objects to Active. That way only active object item is displayed in outliner. It becomes more obvious in which collection it is.

1 Like

Hey Zeauro,

thanks for answering!
The show active and the Object colour rules i didn´t know.