Blender, slow start-up

Thank you Ray, I got a similar issue with Blender 3.0.1 on win11, but cause by a not usable SMB server, after Disconnected network drive in File Explorer, the slowdown startup has been fixed. :file_folder:

1 Like

I had similar issues with Blender crashing/hanging on startup or very slow startup. Reconnecting my local NAS drives (… which had been disconnected and therefore had red x) as suggested in previous posts appeared to solve the problem. Thanks for your help.

Is there a way to fix these slow startups without having to deal with our network drives to appease Blender? This has been going on for a while now as I can see, but nothing is being done or even looked into.

Do you have many add-ons enabled? Sometimes the startup can be slowed down by having a lot of add-ons registering at the same time…

Got a bunch of them. Got them disabled and deleted. Still the same problem. Tested with clean portable version as well, still having the same problem.

In the shortcut, make sure Run As Administrator is enabled.

Hey guys I’m having this issue too, but the major problem for me is whenever I open a new window it takes 5-7 seconds like import/export, preferences, export path, and image import. I don’t have an SD card and I don’t use Network drive thing (Idk even that is) or I don’t even have cd/dvd socket so like what it could be can anyone please help me?

(I found the problem it was caused by my tablet driver of Veikk after deleting it the problem was gone)