blender Splash

Hello everyone.

First off I just want to say that this is such a great site! Not just technically speaking, but this community is phenomenal! Many great works and technological feats have been produced and that would not be possible without all of the help from the programmers, the users, and the community. A big thanks to everyone who has made blender what it is now! :smiley:

Anyway, after several weeks of finally picking up and tinkering with blender, studying some of the features that blender has to offer, reviewing all of the great work here, reading the wiki, and practicing basic concepts… this is what I came up with.

blender Splash
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs13/300W/i/2006/354/1/b/blender_Spalsh_by_meinks.jpg
FULL SIZE

The goal with this project was to work on modeling, lighting, materials, and blender’s fluids system. I started out by tracing the blender logo by setting it as the background image. After tracing and giving it some depth, I toyed around with the material settings. Then I placed some lights in the scene. Some area’s in the blue circle/cylinder as well as some lamps around the scene. Initially I wanted to have the water fill up the clear orange shape; however, I could not get the fluid to go into it. After tinkering around with the fluid for some time, I ended up settling with what you see now. If anyone knows how to get the fluid inside of the logo, please pm/email me with directions or a link.

Thanks for looking! :slight_smile:

PS: I think I’m gonna like it here! I hope I posted this in the right place…

It looks like you’ve made a great start. If you want the fluid to fill the orange object, the object must be set as an obstacle. But it basically needs to be a block with a hole in it shaped like the blender logo. When the fluid is baked (at a higher resolution - say 150), you simply remove the container (the obstacle) before rendering. Hope that helps

Thanks for the tip! Perhaps I should make part II?