Blender tablet settings

hey there,

I´m new to Blender and kinda wanna make one big thread for all my issues, but I´m trying to keep it tidy, so, lets start with the first thing I´m struggling with:

I´m only using it for personal projects right now, still stuck with Max for work.
So, in my free time I mostly work on my HP spectre X360 2in1, which is perfect for sculpting, togerther with the HP MPP Tilt 2.0 stylus.
Most stuff works great, biggest problem is navigation, when I´m using it converted in tablet mode.

So I bought “Tablet pro”, which lets me use a custom touch interface overlay for this exact reason.

I´m already talking to the dev as well, just posting this here in case its mostly a blender issue…

I am on blender 3.6LTS and when I use the “windows ink” api, I can use touch and pen at the same time, but viewport navigation is pretty much useless.
Moving and Zooming works ok-ish. but rotation isn´t usable, because the pen is getting registered when iust hovering over the screen for up to 3-4 centimeters, which leads to rotation “snapping”: The rotation will randomly snap around to wherever the pen is at the time, which makes precise working impossible and completely disrupts sculpting flow (its not the rotation snap feature, ist based on the pen position).
Its also introducing some extra lag, that isn´t there normally.

Switching to the wintab driver made all pressure sensitivity stop working.
So after some more trial and error with a bunch of settings, I downloaded the wintab driver for the surface pro and with that both pressure sensitivity worked AND the viewport “snapping” went away.
but now the touch+pen functionality is gone.

I´m still trying to figure out if I can work around this with some “Tablet pro” Settings, but haven´t managed yet.

So, before I spend more time on this…

Has anyone else used Blender sculpt mode successfully with a tablet/pen style combo, are there better options for the tablet settings, is that viewport rotation issue a known issue with pen+touch combos and windows ink (otherwise it might just be my pen)?