Blender Week Day Challenge #10 (Entries Closed)

Welcome to the Blender Week Day Challenge #10! The rules are the same as last time. The participants are to pick three items off the list in all, two from one category and one from the other. An example would be to pick two from the organic list and one from the Inorganic list, and vice versa. Texturing is allowed, but include an untextured image of your model. The untextured image will be the one used in the voting thread. All the models should be original. You can use any software you want as long as you use Blender somewhere in your modeling workflow. Also please state any non-blender software you have used for your model.

Note: If you post up more than one render of your model (excluding wireframes) please state which one we should use for the voting thread.

Deadline: 18:00 GMT (12:00 Noon Central Time) Friday 29th September 2007

Organic:

Mouse (The Animal)
Golf Clubs and Bag
Sunflower Plant

Inorganic:

Pagoda
Rowing Boat
Camcorder

NOTE: If you have any ideas on items for future challenge lists, please PM me or just post your idea in one of the challenge threads.

Finally Double Figures, YAY! Let the challenge begin!

:smiley:

May we use displacement maps and normal maps to take advantage of sculpt, or is that considered texturing?

Place holder: thinking of doing pagoda, mouse and rowing boat.

That’s ok if you’re talking of using a texture as a brush in sculpt mode or something along those lines

I was thinking more along the lines of creating a model in parts in sculpt mode and generating a normal map in xNormal from that model then applying that normal map to a lower poly version for the render. The reason being that blender locks up on my computer when a model gets much above 1.5 million polys and I try to render it.
I probably won’t be doing it this first time around, I was just curious as to if that were allowed.

[edit] I’ll have to try this next week. The cat ate my mouse cord while I was at work…

i don’t see any reason why you can’t do that, just make sure that you say what you’ve done if you use that technique in the future.

Why are golf clubs organic? Are they like mutated golf clubs?

Maybe a leather bag? I must be really stupid because I didn’t notice that earlier. :confused: :smiley:

Maybe they were involved in like a horrible accident with radioative material like the ninja turtles or something…Maybe they’re just like Disney golf clubs. Like the Beast’s clubs or whatever…

I was thinking more of the golf club heads and the bag as organic.

If anybody has a concise description of what is an organic object please post, cause from what I’ve seen described as organic in these forums goes from body parts to bowls.

Anyway you’re free to use your artistic license as usual … perhaps some mickey mouse club covers!

Here’s my sunflower. I working on the mouse and rowboat.

(from dictionary.com)
Organic:
2. characteristic of, pertaining to, or derived from living organisms: organic remains found in rocks.
Inorganic: 1.not having the structure or organization characteristic of living bodies. 2.not characterized by vital processes.

Edit: I have posted what I was able to complete on the mouse. Unfortunately, I have a class that will last until after 12:00 and will not be able to complete it.

Edit 2: Ok, there was no way I could have finished the mouse realistically, so I made it into a bizarre rodent Pokemon. It actually looks kind of cool, sort of.

Attachments

Just a simple pagoda

Now a simple sunflower

Hey guys,
I won’t be able to close this post until after 22:00 GMT tonight (4pm central time),
so you have an extension of about 4 hours to finish off your entries

EDIT: my entries
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/bkcougar/th_bwdc10-mouse.pnghttp://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/bkcougar/th_bwdc10-pagoda.pnghttp://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/bkcougar/th_bwdc10-golf.png

Entries Closed