Blender2.5 and Xmonad

I have bean playing around with a recent build of Blender2.5, While I mostly like the changes there are a few annoyances.

The separate window it creates for the user prefs is annoying in a tiling window manager, will there be an option to put the user prefs back where they use to be?

Also I am not licking the scroll bars on the scrollable windows, if you scroll these by dragging with the MMB (like 2.4*) the scroll bars do nothing but waste precious screen space.

Another thing, the space key search box is handy, but is there any way of getting the old `add’ menu back again, having to move the cursor to the top of the screen to use the add menu is a waste of time.

A separate window makes sense as you wouldnt really have preferences open at the same time as doing something else so it isnt obstructive.

Also I am not licking the scroll bars on the scrollable windows, if you scroll these by dragging with the MMB (like 2.4*) the scroll bars do nothing but waste precious screen space.

Have you used blender with a laptop before, how would you suggest that they scoll without a middle button.
Bear in mind that its like that to suit everyone.

Another thing, the space key search box is handy, but is there any way of getting the old `add’ menu back again, having to move the cursor to the top of the screen to use the add menu is a waste of time.

You can change that back to how you want it when key mappings finally come back.

Yes, and its next to unusable without a 3 button mouse anyway, at least have an option to get rid of the scroll bars.

press shift+a

That’s only add>>>mesh, hessiess probably really means the whole hotbox. :slight_smile:

thanks, though I would prefer it to be a single key press.

But 2.5 isnt even ready yet, and you can change most of the things you dont like

I also use Xmonad, and find the user preferences window really annoying.