Blenderart Mag Issue #12 now available

That’s called Blender syndrome, when you start using Blender shortcuts in everything or try to force something out of something that you do in Blender.

You can thank Ton and crew.

Sandra

in the blend file I used a normal set up which I used since broken introduced it.
is it possible to add credit in the pdf? otherwise it would be possible to update that in the Blend file with a text field.

is the flame tutorial on the web somewhere? the pictures are kinda hard to see…

Yes, the pictures are so small that I can’t see the values for the nodes so it would be nice if there were bigger pictures.

Thanks for the mag! Great stuff!

I came here to say the same thing. The pics are way too small. This has been a problem for a long time now. I don’t understand the reason behind it, its not like there is a paper and ink issue this is a virtual mag. it doesn’t have to be all nice and tidy. If I can’t read it at 300% zoom it means its useless, don’t some of you agree?

Other then that I really enjoy reading it.

been there, done that.

Have tried to rotate images in other programs with middle mouse button.

Have tried to change view modes with Z, to see the wireframes.

Blender isn’t just a program, it is a way of thinking.

Its hard to live now with other programs knowing that you can’t:

scale, move, rotate by pressing s, g, r and constrain to axis z, y, x.

can’t scale the view to full screen by shift+space

Claas send me in the text as you wish it. I will update the PDF.

As long as you’re updating the PDF . . . would you be able to replace an image in my article? I realized after downloading that I mislabeled the “4a” image as “4c” on page 24.

If so, download the corrected image here.

Thanks!

Will do :wink:

More errata, since you’re updating it anyway (hopefully not released yet) Issue 12, page 7, column 1. Plastic Shader article.
The introduction goes from text in the first half of the column to some kind of Blender steps instruction in the lower half. I haven’t figured out if it was misplaced, after a quick partial string search, the text didn’t seem to be fully duplicated.

Let me take this chance to say THANK YOU so much for all your work on the magazine and for the continued spirit of generosity that keeps giving back to our community. Some people might think that all you do is collect articles and throw them into a PDF, but I have done similar type of work and I know just how hard it is and how much work is required to pull off such a polished production. And as for the editorial… been there, done that, and just wish I had a better camera :slight_smile:
Thank you again.
[add] Incidentally, I’ve thought about the picture quality issue for awhile as well. I’d suggest just offering a higher resolution edition, but then there’s the increased bandwith issue. Maybe more mirrors could be volunteered for those wanting higher resolution? If they’re usually PNGs, maybe making them larger but a more compressed JPG would help?
While I like the gallery feature, it’s probably my least desired section. Most of them have already been online in full resolution before anyway. Maybe those could be fairly low resolution with website links for the full-size ones, (maybe even on blender.org?), but the screenshots etc could be increased quality - although in this issue at least, most of the ones I’ve looked at have been sufficiently detailed to figure out what they say, unlike some of the early ones. :slight_smile:

About the errata I guess the article was not written this way, though we do try to make article more readable in terms of the audiience we have, we are largely short of proofers especially since one of the most active proofers have to leave.

I feel the gallery section is very relevant as the magazine does not only read by usual blenderheads they are done by many who even haven’t tried Blender before. Beleive me we have very large & wide readership.

I think you will probably not realise that some times we get such screen shots that putting them in magazine scare the hell out us. In recent months, since when we published ‘how to send article’ within the magazine itself have changed the situation a lot. Still we have to deal with a loads of formats despite that what we say we want.

But we are not complaining as long as blenderheads write :wink: and we have enough to read every two months.

That’s too bad about your proofer leaving. If I wasn’t so far behind all the my other over-commitments… :o

I feel the gallery section is very relevant as the magazine does not only read by usual blenderheads they are done by many who even haven’t tried Blender before. Beleive me we have very large & wide readership.

Never thought about that - good point!

Still we have to deal with a loads of formats despite that what we say we want.
You mean some people actually read that part :wink:

But we are not complaining as long as blenderheads write :wink: and we have enough to read every two months.
No complaints here either, you’re doing a great job and we can’t say thank you enough.