Lifeboats
Rigging
Figurehead
Railings
Searchlights
Painted markings
Flags.
Here is the first of them.

Everything you do (+ the pace you are doing it), is awe inspiring! I hope you can also incorporate some smoke/fire in your images. I personally love post #54 and can imagine a scenario where the airship/bomber dropped the load on the ship but also took some damage. Could tell a great story there with a lot of steampunk elements

I have been browsing through here, and one phrase comes to mind. We are all screwed! You seriously could win with this one! Keep up the tremendous pace, and don’t forget the details :slight_smile:

Ref Erkinator needing a Top hat:

Will this do…

Cheers, Clock. :smiley:

PS. Thanks for the water shader, you are a Gent!

I love it!

A bit slower than I would like, but here it is with funnels, ventilation cowlings and lifeboats.

Very cool! My 2c worth, it looks way too modern. Steampunk is generally very flamboyant and almost absurd. This looks very purpose built for a modern need, even looking almost identical to the modern solution.

How would it look with some sails? Just a random idea

The technology is entirely from the 1890s, the absurdity comes from it being a paddlesteaming aircraft carrier for zeppelins.
Here is an example of my source material

I have been thinking about this and on reflection I think there is a valid point here.
I think that the main thing that is making the ship appear too modern, is the size of the bridge tower.
Ships of the original dreadnought era appear to have smaller bridges especially in relation to the size of funnels and masts.
So I think I’m going to have a rethink on the superstructure.
Having said that, some of the other things that I have added since the last post do fit.
So here is the latest update, prior to having a fiddle.

My warship is having a bit of an identity crisis.:frowning:

Here’s some inspirational music for working on your steampunk projects.
Good luck

Gets better every new image.

Cheers, Clock.

Thank you cart, the music did indeed help me on my way, and this is where I am now.
I am off to help Cathy pick some Hawthorne to make some Hawthorne wine, and will continue later today.

Looking way better! I do agree the paddle powered battleship idea is a great one, it just wasn’t obviously steampunk (the paddles were hard to see). Much clearer now, great work!

Random Thought: Maybe have another docked zeppelin to make the connection?

Yep, That was already on the agenda

Final shot of the day, with the new guns. Tomorrow I will attempt the masts and rigging.

Hi Carel

Really, really love the way this is coming along.

Shaun

Thanks for the kind words Sean,
Here is the latest update. I’ve added some more elaborate funnels,
Done some additional work on the bridge area, which is now made of wood.
Elaborated the masts, and added some rigging. (is the first time I’ve tried this using curves
And I found it A hell of a lot easier than trying to do it entirely in edit mode.)
There is still quite a lot of work to do adding detail to the superstructure,
And I need to add some flags, and some paintwork, some of it decorative, and although I’ve already added
A dirt map, which is working quite well, I do also think but I could do with a little bit of rust (mind you not too much
After all this it is a Swiss warship). Also at the end, I may add a few lights to add a bit of atmosphere,
Because I think one of the possibilities might be to put this in an early evening setting.
All in all, I think I may be getting reasonably close to finishing this model, although I remain unsure of how I am going to use it
In the larger picture.

I really like where this is going too. The ship is turning out great!

Thankyou minoribus, your encouragement is greatly appreciated. Heres a final picture before I go to bed.
I’ve added a bit of detail to the paddlewheels. This is closer then I intend to use it in the final artwork, but it came out better than I expected, so here it is.