Blenders hidden Options above the MenuBar.

I was curious, and kinda interested in the hidden options above the menubar, how did they do that, or what widget was being used? Can Qt support that, or GTK even? I looked in Blender sources, couldn’t find anything useful that would give me an idea. Thanks in advance.

I assume you are talking about 2.49. Its just another window like any other window in blender. You can change it to be any of the window types you want, not just an Information window

Actually, the Blender 2.50a1 Sources. I didn’t change anything, I know nothing about Python, OGL, and C, LOL. I’m still learning Qt C++ though, =). That’s why I asked if Qt can support such a thing, if it’s just a plain window, then I’m sure it can, not really sure if Qt supports building windows inside windows. Where in the sources does it show how many windows Blender actually has? I’m referring to Blender 2.50a1 for Linux. Just to clarify things. I may be a beginner at Programming, but I still find it fun to read what other people have written, =).

As a bit of a terminology snob, let me step in here and note a few things. Contrary to Blender 2.4x where every split was referred to as a window, the 2.5 series has refined the terminology a bit (particularly since we can now have multiple independent Blender windows in a single session). A window, now, is the screen space that actually has window borders from the OS window manager. Within the window, you can split that space into any assortment of areas. Each area can contain a single editor with its own context and functions, such as the 3D View or the UV/Image Editor. Editors, in turn, can have regions within them that contain additional data (regions include the header in each editor as well as side panels like the Toolshelf in the 3D View).

Blender has 16 different kinds of editors and any area can be changed to contain any editor using the dropdown menu on the far left of each editor’s header region.

Due to my AD/HD, my attention span isn’t very good, so a person without AD/HD can learn something twice as fast, it just depends on the situation really. As for Multiple Windows, not really sure how any developer puts 1 window into other windows… Maybe there’s a tutorial on that somewhere? I’ve always known them as Widgets…

Blender doesn’t use any of the other toolkits (Qt, GTK, etc.) for it’s interface. It’s a custom-coded interface atop OpenGL. With a custom toolkit, you have a custom set of terms and a custom approach to the UI as a whole. As such, I’m not sure how much Blender code could be used as a learning base for your attempts in Qt.

Heh, yeah, I noticed that… It’s written by OpenGL, C, and Python.